• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Milo Manara Appreciation
5 5

126 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Summydad1 said:

Crazy coincidence story. I have always liked the uncanny x-force 5 Psylocke variant but have only looked randomly. I have known about Manara but he wasn’t firmly on my collecting radar. After this thread was started I began looking seriously for the x-force 5. I bought a raw copy on eBay yesterday and was planning on posting a picture once it came in. Today as I walked in to my LCS the owner said, “I bought a box of modern variants from a guy off the street and it had these in it. Do you know who the artist is?” I said yes and I’ll take em! Both easy NM. 

A7B92D37-D1A5-458B-AB8C-ABBE0F974C73.jpeg

Great to hear you picked up that X-Force 5. Yes, please post it when it comes in.

Wow that is a coincidence.. Great pickup on the two.  I don’t have the Guardians, but probably when the time is right.

On 7/15/2020 at 5:05 PM, SamPool said:

When I had this one graded there was none on in the  CGC Census. 

VampirellaStrikes_1F.thumb.jpeg.67116b60c7ce052bb946d11c815b640f.jpeg

This will probably be my next one. When I find something new to me in the comic world, I go all in and research as much as possible. This right here is a very rare comic. Very, very rare! 

18 minutes ago, Summydad1 said:

This will probably be my next one. When I find something new to me in the comic world, I go all in and research as much as possible. This right here is a very rare comic. Very, very rare! 

There where only 69 copies printed of this virgin variant. 

There is one 9.8 on ebay right now, which I think is listed at a very reasonable price.  I remember two listed in the past few years sell in the $800 range.

Edited by SamPool

1 hour ago, maidenmate91 said:

@nicka just listed a HTF risque variant from dark horse in his modern sale thread. 

Thanks for the heads up..

I have to get around to scanning my copy and then I will post it.

I purchased it at a local show raw in my town and submitted it for grading.

On 7/20/2020 at 8:53 PM, maidenmate91 said:

@nicka just listed a HTF risque variant from dark horse in his modern sale thread. 

Grindhouse: Drive In, Bleed Out #8

I purchased it Raw at a local Comic show back in 2017, it came pre-bagged.  I pressed it myself and submitted it for grading.

Also this issue was  banned in Canada because of sexy content.

1596430901_GrindhouseDriveInBleedOut8A.thumb.jpg.e105e695108327ff6a31d1cc86581883.jpg

On 7/24/2020 at 8:35 PM, Summydad1 said:

Came in today. Very nice. Next up will probably be Thor: god of thunder 25 variant. 

In March 2017 I purchased two copies of this from mycomicshop, beautiful copies.  When I took them out of the bag/board to inspect the books one of them had the back cover folded.  So, I sent if back but kept this one.  I pressed it myself and sent it in to CGC..

Usually if I purchase raw books from ebay or other places I like to see that a seller has multiple copies, one for me to purchase and more likely for me to get a 9.8 copy.

1881939019_ThorGodOfThunder(2013)25A.thumb.jpeg.b0ba3d503bf720866b11cae5f4b37073.jpeg

2 hours ago, SamPool said:

In March 2017 I purchased two copies of this from mycomicshop, beautiful copies.  When I took them out of the bag/board to inspect the books one of them had the back cover folded.  So, I sent if back but kept this one.  I pressed it myself and sent it in to CGC..

Usually if I purchase raw books from ebay or other places I like to see that a seller has multiple copies, one for me to purchase and more likely for me to get a 9.8 copy.

1881939019_ThorGodOfThunder(2013)25A.thumb.jpeg.b0ba3d503bf720866b11cae5f4b37073.jpeg

Such a good cover on a tremendous series. It’s one of the better runs I have ever read. Definitely top 10. 

3 hours ago, SamPool said:

Really nice....

9 hours ago, Will96 said:

What is that?

The CGC CrossOver service, for a limited time, provides a 40% to 50% discount on CGC’s grading fees for comics that were previously graded and encapsulated by another grading company.

I still see it on the Online Submission Form.

You can read more here..

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/6924/

Edited by SamPool

3 hours ago, SamPool said:

The CGC CrossOver service, for a limited time, provides a 40% to 50% discount on CGC’s grading fees for comics that were previously graded and encapsulated by another grading company.

I still see it on the Online Submission Form.

You can read me here..

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/6924/

Ahh, thanks....