• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WAYNE NJ COMIC BOOK EXPO RETURNS AUG 16TH!!!

39 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, pug productions said:

That was the Philly show... I posted it for my friend Derek.  Our show has 2 rooms and 16 vendors... which is pretty much the normal amount.  25 people per room... please read the thread.

Ok so I can’t spend 2 hrs at the con 1hr on each side still 7 1/2 minutes per vendor still seems pointless. Are outdoor events still under the same restrictions?? Why wouldn’t a savvy promoter try to link with a flea market location or a outdoor drive in theatre  to try to put on something resembling a real comic con???

10 minutes ago, anstettoman said:

Ok so I can’t spend 2 hrs at the con 1hr on each side still 7 1/2 minutes per vendor still seems pointless. Are outdoor events still under the same restrictions?? Why wouldn’t a savvy promoter try to link with a flea market location or a outdoor drive in theatre  to try to put on something resembling a real comic con???

I mean, not every dealer has the stuff you want, and it's pretty easy to figure out where you shop at. There are some guys at this show that have amazing high-end Gold and Silver, and if that's your focus, then you can probably spend a ton of time at each. I sell a lot of Bronze and Copper stuff, so if that's what you like, I'm your man. And there will be people who have this month's hot books, so you can go there. 

I never shop at every dealer even when I have the time.

2 hours ago, anstettoman said:

You have obviously never been at one of my shows... but if you lower yourself to one day attend one, please ask one of our many happy vendors or customers to introduce you to me. Just ask for JP... I have run over 600 local comic book shows in 29 years... I would really enjoy meeting you. 

2 hours ago, anstettoman said:

I think the man is trying to put on the best show he can under these VERY difficult circumstances. There are basicaly NO shows going on. This is about the best you can ask for right now. You should feel very fortunate to have one to turn down at all.

That being said, would I go if I were there? Probably not. It is simply still WAY to dicey for me. The thought of touching all those well thumbed mylars...:screwy:

Not to mention, all that needs to happen is some schmoo showing up with a bunch of decent dollar books and poof there goes "social distancing".

Quit whining and be glad you even have some kind of show to go to. Sounds like you are more worried about the "quality" of the show and not your health. (shrug)

Do it right and please stay safe guys. Comics and money are not worth dying for...

2 hours ago, pug productions said:

You have obviously never been at one of my shows... but if you lower yourself to one day attend one, please ask one of our many happy vendors or customers to introduce you to me. Just ask for JP... I have run over 600 local comic book shows in 29 years... I would really enjoy meeting you. 

i apologize if in am coming across as a whiner. I know you are doing the best you can and i meant no disrespect. I am not a high end purchaser by any stretch of the imagination and spend most of my time digging thru dollar boxes looking for stuff I can flip. My normal routine is to take a slow walk around the show for a short period of time and say hello to vendors I know and other attendees that i am familiar with. Then go to dealers that have stuff i have interest in. For me this used to be an all day affair and an hour is nowhere close to what i would be happy with. Thanks but I'll wait until things are a bit closer to normal. 

I would say that if you don't feel comfortable going or if you think that you won't have the time necessary (even though there isn't a time limit for this show), you shouldn't go. Comic shows are awesome but not if they're giving you so much anxiety that you can't enjoy yourself. We all have different levels of how safe we feel -- whether it's because of family or our own health or a general sense of uneasiness -- and it's just not worth it for somee.

But, if you do feel comfortable and you are willing to wear a mask (and some people aren't), you should go. Just be smart about it. Keep the mask on. Don't go if you feel sick. Wash your hands. While Covid-19 has certainly changed the way we live, we just have to do our best to live with it until the vaccine comes.

Just an FYI for Sunday's show... masks with valves, fleece masks and bandanas are not effective face coverings, offering little to no protection to those around you. Fleece masks actually increase the risk. Proper coverings must be worn at our Wayne show this Sunday.

10 hours ago, Comicshows said:

Any show reports?

It was a fantastic show. Turnout was good, and money was being spent. People were really excited to have a comic book con again, and there was a lot of pent up comic buying funds, I suspect. 

Every dealer I spoke with (including talking to myself) did very well.

Yesterday was our first comic book show since early March... we moved to the second floor ballroom of the hotel in Wayne to allow for proper distancing and protocols. The show was split into two rooms to allow for as many people as possible. Customers waited patiently and happily in the common area once the spaces reached maximum capacity and we had to enforce a one out/one in rule.

Everyone was happy to be part of the community again.... so many customers thanked me for running the show, which was heartwarming.
EVERY vendor did well... four told me that it was the single best one day show that they had ever done.

My thanks to Jeremy Rybak who was incredibly helpful coordinating and helping our dealers during load in and load out.

...and as always, my very special thanks to my right hand, John Kliminski, who manned the admission table, took every customer's temperature, controlled the overflow crowd waiting to get in, yet made each and every one feel appreciated... without him, I would have been curled into a ball in a corner rather than working the rooms to make certain everyone was enjoying themselves.

20200816_124731.jpg

20200816_124829.jpg

20200816_124842.jpg

Edited by pug productions

Our Wayne Comic Book Expo this past Sunday was a rousing success! We followed protocols... I am pretty certain that everyone was smiling... but since everyone was wearing their masks, it was hard to tell 😉 We have already booked the same venue for September 13th! Mark your calendars!