• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official Usagi Yojimbo/Stan Sakai Thread
3 3

152 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2022 at 9:24 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I watched the first episode, kept me wanting to watch more, I'll give it that. :)

What age group is it aimed at?

On 4/30/2022 at 9:48 AM, Ryan. said:

What age group is it aimed at?

younger audiences, perhaps like 10 to 12. Perfectly fine for even younger though (thumbsu 

It is basically a Saturday morning cartoon. I can take it or leave it, but for nostalgia, I'm trying to give it a try.

On 4/30/2022 at 12:52 PM, Ryan. said:

Just watched the first episode with my 5 year old. He lost interest and didn't want to watch the second episode. 

My feelings are...uhh...the animation is nice.

it seemed filler or slow, I was hoping that all the events carry onto the future episodes. As for excitement lol it was lacking for sure :) 

It made me think of the Sat Morn when I was younger, when we'd wait for TMNT: I mean ya there were bum episodes, but you had to wait a week with not many commercials for advertisements, if any.

You kind of waited and got what you got lol and you either liked it or you didn't ha!

But you'd still come back next time (thumbsu 

I'm not sure in this world now, that people will voluntarily "come back" :( 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
for advertisements,

On 4/30/2022 at 1:58 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

it seemed filler or slow, I was hoping that all the events carry onto the future episodes. As for excitement lol it was lacking for sure :) 

It made me think of the Sat Morn when I was younger, when we'd wait for TMNT: I mean ya there were bum episodes, but you had to wait a week with not many commercials for advertisements, if any.

You kind of waited and got what you got lol and you either liked it or you didn't ha!

But you'd still come back next time (thumbsu 

I'm not sure in this world now, that people will voluntarily "come back" :( 

I understand why they were reluctant to do a straight Edo era page-to-screen adaptation, as the subject matter may not appeal to kids. But this kewl teenage Usagi is not appealing. They should have just done Space Usagi like everyone originally assumed. That would have maintained the spirit of the character but still allowed for rad spaceships and laser guns.

On 4/30/2022 at 2:05 PM, Ryan. said:

I understand why they were reluctant to do a straight Edo era page-to-screen adaptation, as the subject matter may not appeal to kids. But this kewl teenage Usagi is not appealing. They should have just done Space Usagi like everyone originally assumed. That would have maintained the spirit of the character but still allowed for rad spaceships and laser guns.

So what happened? Is Space Usagi shelved? I was thinking the same thing...

On 4/30/2022 at 2:45 PM, PeterPark said:

So what happened? Is Space Usagi shelved? I was thinking the same thing...

It's set in some timeline that looks to be a mashup of the 16th and 20th centuries. Set on Earth.

Watched part of it with my 6 year old. As a big fan of the comic, I couldn't get through the first 10 minutes. 

A disappointment, but I am not the target demographic. Some of the animation was good looking.

On 5/1/2022 at 10:20 AM, october said:

Watched part of it with my 6 year old. As a big fan of the comic, I couldn't get through the first 10 minutes. 

A disappointment, but I am not the target demographic. Some of the animation was good looking.

Yeah, not what I was expecting.  Space Usagi would have been better, honestly or even just the original series.  

On 5/1/2022 at 10:44 PM, SpideyFein said:

C’mon Lil’ Usagi- don’t let me down! 

Exactly what Usagi says any time he sees Mariko.