• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neal Adams cover gallery thread.
13 13

875 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2020 at 4:18 PM, Popeyeak49 said:

I love these three covers. I think Batman 232 is surprisingly inexpensive as compared to other villain first appearances. 

9681AAE7-081E-48C7-AC0C-0F09045A2454.jpeg

Bat 232 should be the top bronze key. The movie with Ra's Al Ghul didn't help. What a lousy movie. I assume Bat 251 is the top bronze Bat key even with that glaring dislocated leg mistake. What's even funnier is when an artist recreates the cover, they always include the mistake. LOL!

Edited by Randall Ries

On 9/11/2020 at 5:22 PM, Randall Ries said:

Bat 232 should be the top bronze key. The movie with Ra's Al Ghul didn't help. What a lousy movie. I assume Bat 251 is the top bronze Bat key even with that glaring dislocated leg mistake. What's even funnier is when an artist recreates the cover, they always include the mistake. LOL!

I tend to agree that 232 should have a higher value than 251. I'd have to presume that it's younger collectors affection for the Joker character that drives 251 up -- of course considering there must be other factors.  Anyway, I've collected Adams' DC work for years.  I think the first book of his I added to my collection was Batman 200 (N. A. cover only), because I'd been collecting 'anniversary' issues.