• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neal Adams cover gallery thread.
13 13

875 posts in this topic

On 1/9/2022 at 4:52 PM, drbanner said:

I just don't even know what to think about his Indy work, for that matter his later DC covers weren't all that hot either. :shy:

I am an absolute Neal Adams fan for his work up until 1972 or so- incredibly prolific and economical in his delivery.  He was constantly innovating POVs and layouts for very compelling storytelling with exceptional illustration and drafting skills.  Also, I have nothing but the highest praise for what he did for Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster in the mid-70s.  

But his work really took a weird turn with Continuity.  On a side note, I shared this with @dover before but I was very surprised to see the many, many creatives that worked for him at his studio.  Perhaps his work suffered as he looked after and nurtured the careers of others?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusty_Bunkers

On 1/9/2022 at 6:14 PM, Tghutcn said:

It’s a shame that Neals run on x-men was so short cause he did some amazing work on the title 

3241620F-585B-4AAC-85ED-FDCED433DD32.jpeg

Neal x men run was ground breaking‼️👍😷

On 1/18/2022 at 10:38 AM, sfcityduck said:

Nah.  There was one on eBay.  Snatched up shortly after I posted in this thread.

They name celestial bodies after individuals who discover them. I wish Overstreet had a reference section that shows someone who first identifies a “first” in the hobby. Identifying the first cover drawn by Neal Adams is a big thing because I never knew what it was until you posted it here. If this is verified then the discovery of this “first” can be attributed to sfcityduck. Put it in the book - Overstreet’s that is.