• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neal Adams cover gallery thread.
13 13

875 posts in this topic

What I find fascinating about the first ever drawn Neal Adams cover question is why isn’t it being explored by collectors? I never focused on what was Neal’s first ever cover and there’s been discussion about his first Batman or Superman covers. Still, I’ve never seen a thread about Neal’s first ever drawn cover. 

On 1/27/2022 at 2:28 PM, dover said:

Do not tell anyone but this is a favorite cheese-cake Adams cover for me. Lots of great Lois and Jimmy covers.

I love it - had to have it when I saw it. I just love the soft, "painting" feel to it, the colors, and it's just such a weird premise. And the infinity cover aspect is cool too.

On 1/27/2022 at 2:28 PM, dover said:

Do not tell anyone but this is a favorite cheese-cake Adams cover for me. Lots of great Lois and Jimmy covers.

I still enjoy a good barber. Used to be the Barber had to be patient, or patience was required. It isn't a brag. I just enjoy simple things.

On 2/10/2022 at 9:28 PM, dover said:

I hope these grade well as they are needed for the registry set. But, actually really nice covers. 

Deadman 1 NM -BBC (1).JPG

Deadman 1 NM -BBC (2).JPG

Deadman 1 NM -BBC (3).JPG

Deadman 1 NM -BBC (4).JPG

Deadman 1 NM -BBC (5).JPG

Deadman 1 NM -BBC (6).JPG

Deadman 1 NM -BBC (7).JPG

Are some of those Neal Adams? Or were they all? I'm not as familiar with Deadman :shy: Best of work on the registry though, that takes patience.

On 2/11/2022 at 8:08 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Are some of those Neal Adams? Or were they all? I'm not as familiar with Deadman :shy: Best of work on the registry though, that takes patience.

The first issue reprinted the first two stories from Strange Adventures featuring the Deadman. It also contained an Adams House of Mystery story. I think the main idea was to reprint the SA-Deadman run and then add some other like the Brave and the Bold Batman-Deadman story.

On 2/20/2022 at 10:16 AM, dover said:

Another Adams added to the registry set. Nothing fancy or fantastic, just quality. Tough book to find well centered. 

Superman 235 CGC 9.6 OW-WP -FourColor.JPG

That IS well centered, looks well in the older case too.