• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neal Adams cover gallery thread.
13 13

875 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2022 at 1:32 PM, Legion HQ said:

Planet of Vampires 1.jpg

Planet of Vampires 2.jpg

This was my favorite Atlas title when I was a kid.  I've got nice raw copies of the run.  It's a shame Atlas folded before they could complete the story line.  What's comical about this title is that none of the covers ever matched the actual story on the inside.  I'm guessing Adams and others had the covers already drawn during concept stage before the story were even written.  

On 9/15/2022 at 7:13 PM, scooter99 said:

Bats217NM-.JPG.421fb003467c6d745eabe4814709e56e.JPG

This is such an underrated Neal Adams Batman cover. The more time goes by, the more it grows on me. Batman, the Batcave, THE Batmobile, Alfred, Robin's hanging costume, an awesome teaser text bubble - this cover has it all. And it's a significant issue too - arguably (inarguably in my opinion) the start of the Batman Bronze Age.

People love 227 and 241. But after 221, I think this is maybe my favourite. Glad to see it getting some love lately.

I might have a tomahawk Adam's, I bought a long time ago as a noob. I saw a double cover for sale on ebay, which I think is still for sale from time to time or I notice it for 6 year now, that I picked up the same issue cause I thought maybe it was common for the issue?  :roflmao:

Those were aspiring to learn days lol

On 9/25/2022 at 7:10 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I might have a tomahawk Adam's, I bought a long time ago as a noob. I saw a double cover for sale on ebay, which I think is still for sale from time to time or I notice it for 6 year now, that I picked up the same issue cause I thought maybe it was common for the issue?  :roflmao:

Those were aspiring to learn days lol

2022_09_25 7_15 PM Office Lens.jpg

On 9/15/2022 at 6:13 PM, scooter99 said:

Bats217NM-.JPG.421fb003467c6d745eabe4814709e56e.JPG

I love this book.  In my opinion, this issue kicks off the Bronze Age for Batman.  I had the opportunity to buy this a couple of years ago but mistakenly passed on it.  Now I can't find one anywhere in a decent grade and good price.

On 9/13/2022 at 7:29 AM, dover said:

The Batman issue seems to be hard to find in high grade. I am not certain I even owned one during my first Adams run. 

Batman 217 CGC 8.0 WP -jimjum12.jpg

It is hard to find in HG. Once upon a time I had the Pacific Coast copy. And it is an underrated cover, IMHO. I like it better than a lot of the others in the run.

Edited by kimik