• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neal Adams cover gallery thread.
13 13

875 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2022 at 4:42 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I didn’t get the book from the rack.  But don’t remember who gave it to me.  Missing pages. Cut panels.  But I loved it for some reason.

Had no idea what happened on the mountain to end the ski chase until decades later...

The second hand book.  My daughter hates the second hand clothes from his older sister.

Speaking of the second hand, my late uncle gave me countless discarded Conan the Barbarian comic books starting at #9, early Conan related magazines, Krull, Kull, Iron Jaws, Claw the Unconquered and many swords and sorcery related comic books and magazines from 1971 to 1982. I think I got some Weird Wars and GI Combat from him. He stopped reading them. I kept them in the boxes but my dad threw it away.  He read them only once and left them in the drawer inside the coffee table. When my family visited his family at his home. I opened the drawer and pulled them out for reading then put them away. My uncle told me to take them home so I did.  Sometimes, my aunt dropped them off at my home. It kept me busy.

I asked my uncle why he didn't buy the books with superheroes like Captain America, Spidey, Thor, and others.  He didn't like them because his father was in Heer during WWII so he missed his home country so he read the swords and sorcery stories to remind his home.

Edited by JollyComics

On 11/1/2022 at 10:29 AM, dover said:

Going against the grain and norms of nerds and staff everywhere; Neal's Superboy run is my favorite. Period. End. Done. 

I am with you. Neal's Superboy run is extremely under appreciated when compared to his other DC runs.

Seldom seen inside stuff.  Neal's contribution to the Playbill for WARP II, the second of the 3 part sci-fi Off Broadway play for which he was the art director.  1975-'77, depending on the city in which it played.  

image.png.9f4b56f3d4b77cccce8b2b54760ad108.png

His poster for the play is epic.  Not my beat up copy:

image.png.444dfd203f6d1aa09f08302c96eeec2e.png

Edited by namisgr