• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neal Adams cover gallery thread.
13 13

875 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2022 at 12:18 AM, Randall Dowling said:

I agree.  And this is a stunning copy!  I really like Fantucchio books for their general freshness.  (thumbsu

It has only taken me 20 years to decide, but I now know my top 5 comic book covers by Neil-Neal-Crusty-Adams. 

I even started on my top ten. LOL. 

On 12/10/2022 at 6:59 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Nothing new to this thread, but I was really happy to add this one to the collection, thanks to fellow boardie @kimik:

IMG_6395.thumb.JPG.637f490a8425866c0bea0a7ab7ae63a3.JPG

That's a beauty with white pages!  :headbang:

On 12/15/2022 at 2:44 PM, dover said:

I am almost done with the most comprehensive data base of Neal work that I have seen. It will be in an Excel format, searchable and sortable. I hope to share it along with other indexes for those that collect the work of this man. 

:foryou:

Looking forward to contributing! And you have his old site’s checklist, I trust?

On 12/29/2022 at 9:46 PM, JTLarsen said:

Looking forward to contributing! And you have his old site’s checklist, I trust?

I have several sources. I am doing the hard work of combining, sorting and noting them into one Excel sheet. It will be searchable based on several items including the easy stuff but also going into details on the many DC house ads and public service announcements he did. It just takes a very long time to enter. 

I have several checklists. I have the original Continuity database that included HTML w images and other sources. He was prolific. 

I have also been trying to fix CGC Registries as there are several glaring problems and then adding more books as necessary.  The Continuity stuff is the hardest. I am certain he played a role in Every book they produced, but getting credits and proof is hard. He got lazy on several of the books or finished what others started in some manner. References to "plot", "-script" "writer" all get blurred at some point. But I find myself in need of trying this task. 

The Archie stuff is impossible. One and two panel art is really hard. Boy's Life? Goodyear ads with Flash Ferrel. It will be a process and I hope I can find, buy and "prove" they are Neal.