• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored CGC books in new 'character' blue labels.
8 8

492 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:
1 hour ago, Guardian Comics said:
4 hours ago, PleaseDontTouch said:

How is this guy an Overstreet advisor? Has anyone seen proof that he actually is?

Yes he is.

Jim

Which I’ve been thinking about.  What’s the criteria?

Based on the current example.......a pulse.

58 minutes ago, Guardian Comics said:

No but then it wouldn’t have given you the same opportunity to be deceptive and/or evasive at best.   

And “at best” is being kind.

Jim

You're too kind Jim.  We all know he's attempting to benefit from CGC's error and damaging his reputation in the process.  

11 hours ago, dylanthekid said:

I am replying to you calling me out right now which is within 12 hours, and I also do this thing called sleeping, so if you think I'm gonna sit by my computer waiting for someone to message me while I try to supply really great books at fair prices to my customers you are 100% wrong.

Thanks for the reply , you 100 percent will not be supplying books to me .

Can't wait to see how that ASM 9 turns out at full GPA with trimmer edges and color touch .

Oh, is this one of your really great books at fair priced ? 

You mentioned people don't read , I assume you meant the mislabeled books you sold ? As you auction's verbiage had nothing indicating that these were restored books incorrectly slabbed by CGC 

Just curious how you might feel if you paid top dollar for a book like this missing the picture ( as honestly on a mobile device it's not so clear ) 

Based on your previous replies I can see that this might invoke a temper tantrum but seriously you think this is okay ?

High quality scan, so no excuses. We also have not actually determined if it is restoration at all.

No restoration ?  Please elaborate on the attached scan of just one of the books you have sold in this pattern 

Seems I missed a few pages so this is a redundant reply . But here is the 9 label just to take a peek

I do think the restoration notations font is an issue especially on this background , CGC could remedy it slightly with a C1 etc remark in the numerical grade .Perhaps 

6249F3E2-AC59-4643-8EEE-C03285598FF7.jpeg

Edited by UncleBEN

I am replying to you calling me out right now which is within 12 hours, and I also do this thing called sleeping, so if you think I'm gonna sit by my computer waiting for someone to message me while I try to supply really great books at fair prices to my customers you are 100% wrong.

This post reminded me of @GOODNEWSCOMICS-migration trying to justify shilling his auctions.

Memories... :cloud9:

8 hours ago, VintageComics said:

The idea isn't 'f-ing stupid'. It's just a matter of what people are used to. and if everyone was used to everything in a blue label from 2000 onwards then all of a sudden putting Restored books in a purple label would sound 'f-ing stupid'

Exactly right!!!  (thumbsu

Likewise, if CGC had started with purple labels for any MA book graded 9.4 of lower, CA 9.0 or lower, BA 8.0 or lower, SA 7.0 or lower, and GA 5.0 or lower to help differentiate between investment quality books from non-investment quality books, everyone would think it would have been totally absurb to have just one color label for all unrestored books.  Especially when collectors and buyers would not be able to differentiate between the "bad" books from the "good" books with just the one color label.  hm.........hm  :screwy:

12 hours ago, dylanthekid said:

A few things, 1) I don't think a lot of people actually read, which is super disappointing. It explains the rampant problem of fake news and lack of education no matter where you fall politically, which is the same as over zealous stubborn thoughts by the masses that we are educated when in reality we really know nothing.

I think this first-page post really set the tone for this thread.

I was not exactly "on the fence" when he showed up here the first time, and this whole thread certainly cements my opinion.

I hope the only thing he is advising Overstreet on is to only put page numbers on one side of the page.

8 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I mentioned this thread to Brittany and CGC is aware of it, have said that they were mistakenly labelled and have reached out to Dylan so that should settle the discussion.

Oh, come on, Roy..............you are definitely a no-fun guy and a party pooper here.  (tsk)

You shouldn't let fact and truth get in the way of a fun and controversial thread which could have gone on for countless more pages.  lol

11 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Finally, for the triple tap, there is at least one "good guy" dealer that has been advocating for the elimination of the purple label and just having blue labels with notes.

This is Exhibit A as to why that is f-ing stupid.

Did you see the email from across the street?  All signatures are going yellow and in the corner it will tell you if it was verified or witnessed.  I know you are big with the signatures... making sure you know. 

I noticed GPA has assigned the ASM 9 & ASM 14 sales under "Purple C-1" headings and not "Blue".

Sorry for the bad photos but here's the GPA listings.  I checked the CGC serial numbers just to make sure.

Also sorry if this has already been posted (I didn't read every post in this thread)

IMG_2297 (1).jpg

IMG_2298 (1).jpg

6 hours ago, dylanthekid said:

What kind of person spend thousands of dollars on a comic book but doesn't know how to read?:news::golfclap:

There have been many talks over the years how even with listing a purple label on eBay that it should clearly be noted as "RESTORED" in the title just for the security of the seller.  I have been selling on eBay for over twenty years.   It is not my professional job.  It is not a prime source of income.  You would think with that mindset that I would have a devil may care attitude about buying and selling but I do not.   Why?  Because when you screw around and get caught, you get called out on it in a very public way like this. 

I believe that the seller was fully aware of what he was doing.  There are many of us, myself included, that will list the word "restored" in the title, and the qualifications of that restoration in the description.  The claim of, buyer's need to read.  Let us side with Dylan on this.  The buyer should read.  The problem is that Dylan did not give them anything in the description to read. 

So again, Dylan, you did not give them anything to read.

You took a shot.  You tried to get one over.  You got caught.

And to @Bird, Dylan is another Long Island guy, because I only go to NYCC, I shot an email of this thread out to a few guys and a text message to one guy I knew was up... two have responded.  None of us have ever seen or heard of Dylan or his comics.  

1 minute ago, Flanders82 said:

Anyone else get the feeling that CGC just said the hell with it,  we really want that extra $5 for each custom label?  That seems to be their business motto from my perspective with the denial that newton rings should be addressed, the creep engine, puddling, overgrading and now this.  They've had several months to remedy this problem but don't appear to have done so. The list of problems that CGC doesn't care to remedy seems to be growing every quarter.  CBCS for life!. 

No, I truly believe it was a mistake on their part on this one. 

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

There have been many talks over the years how even with listing a purple label on eBay that it should clearly be noted as "RESTORED" in the title just for the security of the seller.  I have been selling on eBay for over twenty years.   It is not my professional job.  It is not a prime source of income.  You would think with that mindset that I would have a devil may care attitude about buying and selling but I do not.   Why?  Because when you screw around and get caught, you get called out on it in a very public way like this. 

I believe that the seller was fully aware of what he was doing.  There are many of us, myself included, that will list the word "restored" in the title, and the qualifications of that restoration in the description.  The claim of, buyer's need to read.  Let us side with Dylan on this.  The buyer should read.  The problem is that Dylan did not give them anything in the description to read. 

So again, Dylan, you did not give them anything to read.

You took a shot.  You tried to get one over.  You got caught.

And to @Bird, Dylan is another Long Island guy, because I only go to NYCC, I shot an email of this thread out to a few guys and a text message to one guy I knew was up... two have responded.  None of us have ever seen or heard of Dylan or his comics.  

I've heard of Dylan and I currently live on Long Island.  

8 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

I've heard of Dylan and I currently live on Long Island.  

Just trying to figure out who has heard of him.  I only go to a couple of shows in non pandemic years, but a couple of guys I know stop at every show. 

You would have put the description in the listing.   Your listings on your website are detailed.  As an example, you have a couple of books in a green label.  Not only do you make sure the prospective buyer knows it is a 'qualified' book you then even explain why.  (In the case of the X-Men book it is due to an unverified signature.)  Any time I have ever seen a purple label book on your site, it clearly says restored.

Edited by Buzzetta