• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB - Frank Cho outrage cover

26 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, ignimbrite said:

I know they are difficult to find and not often parted with but I felt it couldn't hurt to ask. Does anyone have a Frank Cho outrage cover for sale?

@ignimbrite, since these are all done on sketch covers, you'd probably have better luck asking in the Signature Room forum: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/48-the-signature-room/

2 hours ago, ignimbrite said:

I know they are difficult to find and not often parted with but I felt it couldn't hurt to ask. Does anyone have a Frank Cho outrage cover for sale?

Out of curiosity, do you have any idea what these go for on the primary market (when Cho first sells them)?  Does he come up with the gags, draw a handful, then bring them to shows to sell?  Or do folks pitch an idea to him that he runs with like an at-show commission?

I've seen a few over the years and have been curious about the details of how they come together..

Edited by ShallowDan
clarification

4 hours ago, ShallowDan said:

Out of curiosity, do you have any idea what these go for on the primary market (when Cho first sells them)?  Does he come up with the gags, draw a handful, then bring them to shows to sell?  Or do folks pitch an idea to him that he runs with like an at-show commission?

I've seen a few over the years and have been curious about the details of how they come together..

My understanding is he will do a few at shows if he has free time. The ideas are always his (again from what I understand).

47 minutes ago, ignimbrite said:

My understanding is he will do a few at shows if he has free time. The ideas are always his (again from what I understand).

Gotcha.  He's really clever with some of the gags, and obviously has a great knack for poking fun at (and ticking off) certain parties.

As I continue to look for these Frank Cho books there are quite a few of them as images (meaning they exist) but not many prior sales. Is this a sign that those people are simply not letting go of them? I know I wouldn't :)

On 9/17/2020 at 3:00 PM, ignimbrite said:

I haven't bumped this so I felt one couldn't hurt. Even if people don't want to sell it would be nice to see them!

Just in case it's of interest, this popped up on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303767157502

Not the sexiest of 'em that I've seen, but funny enough (with a dead-on Hagar the Horrible as a bonus)

11 minutes ago, Remyvt said:

I think he has sold a lot of these through eBay and a lot I’ve seen are Cgc gold cased so does anyone know if all of his auctions he offers to get them graded?

The CGC signature slabs may be ones that collectors picked up at shows. Those were pre-done, so it’s easier to pay and pick up later. I can’t say this without 100% certainty (although I’ve been at shows where Cho attended and had these) but Frank Cho doesn’t come off as a guy who will do you the favor and get them graded for you. If you’re really interested, contact his rep Steve Morger (really nice guy and easy to talk to) for more detailed info. 

On 11/18/2020 at 2:41 PM, ShallowDan said:

Just in case it's of interest, this popped up on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303767157502

Not the sexiest of 'em that I've seen, but funny enough (with a dead-on Hagar the Horrible as a bonus)

I tried to get it and had one of the last bids. I went to $2500 and, even at that, I thought it was a bit high. Maybe for the best as I am not a huge Red Sonja fan. 

Are these commonly own on the boards. There was one for sale on the Comic Art Fans but it wasn't for me. It has Deadpool kissing Gwen.

A cover of this i like is a new mission!

15 minutes ago, ignimbrite said:

I tried to get it and had one of the last bids. I went to $2500 and, even at that, I thought it was a bit high. Maybe for the best as I am not a huge Red Sonja fan. 

Are these commonly own on the boards. There was one for sale on the Comic Art Fans but it wasn't for me. It has Deadpool kissing Gwen.

A cover of this i like is a new mission!

Looks like the winning bidder put in a few bids at the end so his high bid was much higher than $2600! My MJ seems pretty reasonable after this sale lol 

I see there are two Frank Cho books available on eBay but they aren't to my taste. I will find one eventually!

(They are nice books, just not ones I would be looking for. Thought someone else may be interested)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FRANK-CHO-ORIGINAL-Sketch-CGC-9-8-ss-Signed-DEADPOOL-SPIDER-GWEN-SPIDER-MAN-CBCS/224335039350?hash=item343b690b76:g:u4AAAOSwgPtfxbyr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FRANK-CHO-ORIGINAL-Sketch-CGC-9-8-ss-Signed-BATMAN-JOKER-HARLEY-QUINN-NOT-CBCS/224294152939?hash=item3438f92aeb:g:q68AAOSw~8Ff51UN