• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Chicago — moved again, now Oct. 15-17, 2021
4 4

104 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, manetteska said:

In Canada are those 2-week quarantines closely monitored? I cannot speak for all of the US but where I'm at it's basically an honor system of staying inside/away during that time.

In most cases in Canada ... yes, those 2-week quarantines ARE closely monitored. In my case working for Canada Post, if they found out I had gone to the U.S. across border ... they will not allow me back to work until I had the 2 weeks quarantine and had the doctor declare I am fully negative in writing.

No, not worth the risk, my time and money for merely the enjoyment of one weekend comic con. (tsk)

43 minutes ago, manetteska said:

In Canada are those 2-week quarantines closely monitored? I cannot speak for all of the US but where I'm at it's basically an honor system of staying inside/away during that time.

In the past, it was an honour system but they have talked about forcing people to stay in hotels with them paying for the lodging, testing, etc

9 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

In most cases in Canada ... yes, those 2-week quarantines ARE closely monitored. In my case working for Canada Post, if they found out I had gone to the U.S. across border ... they will not allow me back to work until I had the 2 weeks quarantine and had the doctor declare I am fully negative in writing.

No, not worth the risk, my time and money for merely the enjoyment of one weekend comic con. (tsk)

No, not saying risking a job would be worth it for comics (or most things). Asking in general about restrictions. 

8 minutes ago, manetteska said:

No, not saying risking a job would be worth it for comics (or most things). Asking in general about restrictions. 

This is hearsay only but a family member of a friend had to quarantine at her parent's home and she did do it.  She was advised that they would call her on a daily basis to check up on her.  She only got one call and it was on the 14th day.  So no, it wasn't totally strict in the sense it is like in other countries where you have to do it on their terms and not yours. 

On 2/11/2021 at 8:02 PM, SSkufan said:

Yeah I am in the same boat you are I am assuming with the start of the semester. 

The start of the semester is once again a problem with these dates. The salt in the wound is that I’d already gotten a frequent flier ticket up to Chicago for the June dates. It’ll still be good to visit Chicago for the first time in about three years, but attending the show would have been really nice. 

1 hour ago, DR.X said:

Hopefully Lou Ferringo will be there. :boo:

People keep begging him to make another appearance but the guy just doesn't listen.

Edited by 1Cool