• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Chicago — moved again, now Oct. 15-17, 2021
4 4

104 posts in this topic

On 7/3/2021 at 8:58 PM, mattn792 said:

These floor hours kinda suck...

Friday, October 15, 2021 - 4:00pm – 9:00pm  
Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 10:00am – 7:00pm 
Sunday, October 17, 2021 - 10:00am – 4:00pm

Aside from the lack of Thursday preview night I think those are pretty typical for a Wizard show. 9 pm Friday is a bit late though. zzz

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

Aside from the lack of Thursday preview night I think those are pretty typical for a Wizard show. 9 pm Friday is a bit late though. zzz

Saturday and Sunday, yes, but Friday is definitely cut short.  Maybe because the kids will be in school in October?

On 7/6/2021 at 12:05 PM, mattn792 said:

Saturday and Sunday, yes, but Friday is definitely cut short.  Maybe because the kids will be in school in October?

I think they usually start at 4 pm; it gives more time for setup and crowds would be light before work/school let out anyway.

On 8/11/2021 at 9:18 AM, DR.X said:

So is Wizard still on for this year? Seems it keeps getting pushed closer and closer to C2e2, and now with this virus surging again.

Yeah, so far.

Edited by mysterio

On 8/11/2021 at 7:50 AM, mysterio said:

:wishluck: that this Fan Expo news is good news for us fans of the show, and that the dates are good. 

Just found out about the FanExpo buyouts. It can only get better from here. Damn near impossible for it to get worse. That being said, I will miss the Lasix surgery and home remodeling booths :cry:

From looking at Wizard World's website, it seems like Chicago is going to be the last show that they run as its the only one listed under "WW Live".  And unless my firewall at work is blocking parts of the page, show details seem to be incredibly sparse (i.e. guests, exhibiters, etc.).  

Even if I didn't have a work conflict, I think I'd skip the trip to Rosemont this year regardless.

On 9/9/2021 at 10:11 AM, mattn792 said:

From looking at Wizard World's website, it seems like Chicago is going to be the last show that they run as its the only one listed under "WW Live".  And unless my firewall at work is blocking parts of the page, show details seem to be incredibly sparse (i.e. guests, exhibiters, etc.).  

Even if I didn't have a work conflict, I think I'd skip the trip to Rosemont this year regardless.

Must be blocked, as they have a few celebrity guests announced: Shatner, Michael Rooker, Dean Cain, Ferrigno, etc

On 9/9/2021 at 11:07 AM, mattn792 said:

I just found this article while searching for Wizard’s stock price: 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/creek-road-miners-inc-announces-185100477.html

Pivots to Crypto mining and/or the medicinal weed are the last desperate gasp for relevance of any company about to go under these days.

Wouldn't surprise me if this last show was a cash grab for them. Do the minimum, get what you can, and run. Not expecting much in terms of the show, other than seeing friends 😊

On 9/9/2021 at 11:20 AM, TheWatcher said:

Wouldn't surprise me if this last show was a cash grab for them. Do the minimum, get what you can, and run. Not expecting much in terms of the show, other than seeing friends 😊

I have to imagine most, if not all of those guests are contractually obligated to show up. 

On 9/9/2021 at 11:07 AM, mattn792 said:

I just found this article while searching for Wizard’s stock price: 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/creek-road-miners-inc-announces-185100477.html

Pivots to Crypto mining and/or the medicinal weed are the last desperate gasp for relevance of any company about to go under these days.

"will develop, own, and operate ESG-focused mobile bitcoin mining facilities in strategic locations around the United States by harnessing energy that is otherwise dissipated during traditional oil production. '

Can someone decipher what the hell they are talking about?

On 9/9/2021 at 12:20 PM, DR.X said:

"will develop, own, and operate ESG-focused mobile bitcoin mining facilities in strategic locations around the United States by harnessing energy that is otherwise dissipated during traditional oil production. '

Can someone decipher what the hell they are talking about?

"We want to use a bunch of electricity but not pay for it" is my best guess.  Its ironic that they want to be all ESG yet bum off of one of the ESG peoples' favorite targets to kick around.