• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPS LOST my Wolverine #1 Frank miller
1 1

41 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2020 at 6:52 AM, SignatureSelect said:

file a police report if you jave not already. Also are you just calling ups or did you file a claim.  I recently got a box at the ups store to avoid this.  they always sign and hold it for me.  16 dollars a month for piece of mind is a great deal

I deal with UPS a lot on the receiving end.  If you register on their website you can set default instructions for your address.   I had a package stolen and tried to have the shipper file a claim and UPS told him my default instructions were to leave at porch if not home.  I never set this.  When I registered and looked, sure enough that was the default instruction for the drivers.  I changed it to MY SIGNATURE ONLY. 

You also may be able to have the shipments sent directly to the UPS store without opening a box there.  Not sure about this but I don't see why not.  What I do is after an unsuccessful delivery I just log into my UPS account and redirect the package to the UPS store.  HOWEVER....this used to be free but they are no charging you $5.99 to do this.  This just started recently, at least in my area.   But if it's a package from Amazon, Amazon has been automatically redirecting it to the UPS store after the first failed delivery attempt.  This is great and it saves me the 6 bucks.  They send you an email before UPS does about the redirection.   In any event when I changed my default UPS driving instructions they NEVER leave it on the porch anymore.