• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sub-Mariner #8 CGC 9.6, whats it worth?

62 posts in this topic

Tell me about it! I have 1-10 but missing 8, its impossible to find, I have been looking for one for 2 years! Only 6 #8s on the census, none higher, #1 60 in 9.6 and 14 in 9.8! 9.6 #1 goes for $350ish and 9.8 goes for over $1k, Now what do you think the #8 is worth?

$1200 book IF it's NM+ or better with NO stamps or writing, no fingerprints, at least off-white to white pages, no misfolding, and NOT miscut. Also, it would have to be glossy with a JET black cover instead of the usual grainy or matte' areas found on this problematic cover.

i can almost swear that issue came up twice late last year.

IIRC, it sold once for about 450 US, and the other time, it had a starting bid of 399 and no one bid on it.

i know it was issue 8 (cause i have an ungraded copy of it) and i'm PRETTY_SURE they were 9.6s being sold...

If the one that started at $399 and didn't sell is the same one I'm thinking of it was a 9.4. He ran it 2 or 3 times with a high start bid but dropped it by $10 each time. Might have gotten that kind of money for it if he started it lower and let people get in a bidding war over it.