• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do We Wanna Talk Decks?
1 1

25 posts in this topic

It has been a REALLY long time since I played think the last series i remember was ICE AGE . Started on ALPHA . When I did I had several decks and two were my favorite.  Both were Black Decks and would have to look to find out what all was in them. But the ideas are simple enough.  The Duel deck( which won me several tournaments) was Bats, Rats, and Pestilence.  Idea being toss out a small creature as quick as possible and just start widdling off life until I could get out a pestilence.  Then dump everything into it repeatedly.  Object you die before I do.  Then the Multi Players Deck. This one was slow and seemed nice but it was my Lockdown deck. Mostly stuff like Howling Mines , Chains of Mephistopheles, Dominic Tutors, The Abyss, Nether Void, Underworld Dreams, The Rack , Millstone,Hymn to Tourach, and a bunch of other cards I would stack in the deck depending on others Decks and what I wanted to play, but the idea was at first to get everyone drawing as many cards as possible which helped me get the cards to set up the lockdown. Eventually getting to the point where you were just discarding the cards meant to draw straight to the graveyard and taking damage the whole time. Just mill the deck away . Several times players would run out of deck before life.  Other times I would throw out All Hallows Eve and bring all those MASSIVE graveyards to life and watch the mess that ensued .

6 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

It has been a REALLY long time since I played think the last series i remember was ICE AGE . Started on ALPHA . When I did I had several decks and two were my favorite.  Both were Black Decks and would have to look to find out what all was in them. But the ideas are simple enough.  The Duel deck( which won me several tournaments) was Bats, Rats, and Pestilence.  Idea being toss out a small creature as quick as possible and just start widdling off life until I could get out a pestilence.  Then dump everything into it repeatedly.  Object you die before I do.  Then the Multi Players Deck. This one was slow and seemed nice but it was my Lockdown deck. Mostly stuff like Howling Mines , Chains of Mephistopheles, Dominic Tutors, The Abyss, Nether Void, Underworld Dreams, The Rack , Millstone,Hymn to Tourach, and a bunch of other cards I would stack in the deck depending on others Decks and what I wanted to play, but the idea was at first to get everyone drawing as many cards as possible which helped me get the cards to set up the lockdown. Eventually getting to the point where you were just discarding the cards meant to draw straight to the graveyard and taking damage the whole time. Just mill the deck away . Several times players would run out of deck before life.  Other times I would throw out All Hallows Eve and bring all those MASSIVE graveyards to life and watch the mess that ensued .

Demonic Tutor. :x

Hymn to Tourach was good to me when I first started playing (about 15 years ago).

23 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Demonic Tutor. :x

Hymn to Tourach was good to me when I first started playing (about 15 years ago).

I know.  I really enjoyed the game at the beginning.  Then they started with changes.  No longer 4 of each card. Some were restricted.  I still curse that as many of the MOST valuable cards got traded when I could no longer keep a playset in my decks. Makes me a little ill when I look back at some of the cards I had back then and knowing what the few I did keep have graded and the value now.20200827_080005.thumb.jpg.1169ca99b0709e0cb65c8d4ceea9551d.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

9 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I know.  I really enjoyed the game at the beginning.  Then they started with changes.  No longer 4 of each card. Some were restricted.  I still curse that as many of the MOST valuable cards got traded when I could no longer keep a playset in my decks. Makes me a little ill when I look back at some of the cards I had back then and knowing what the few I did keep have graded and the value now.20200827_080005.thumb.jpg.1169ca99b0709e0cb65c8d4ceea9551d.jpg

The Lotuses... The Moxes...

tenor.gif

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

The Lotuses... The Moxes...

tenor.gif

I know. After changes I scaled all those down to one of each and even then I still traded a lot of other cards for newer Editions as they could net me even more playing cards.  Really regret most of it looking back. I know if I had just kept my original sets and decks that I had, I could probably retire today. Just the one Lotus graded a 9 with CGC. Former PSA 9. I want to go back a few years and shake some sense into my younger self.