• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To Grade or Not to Grade

4 posts in this topic

They are just grading Pokemon and MTG cards now according to the FAQ on this sites main page. In the future if they do expand to other cards then my guess would be that they would cut the seal as the card would have to be encapsulated in one of their own holders. Welcome to the board. 

On 8/19/2020 at 4:59 PM, Comicshows said:

They are just grading Pokemon and MTG cards now according to the FAQ on this sites main page. In the future if they do expand to other cards then my guess would be that they would cut the seal as the card would have to be encapsulated in one of their own holders. Welcome to the board. 

Thank you for the welcome and the information.  I just checked out the FAQ page and found tons of good stuff.  Greatly appreciated.

On 8/18/2020 at 1:27 PM, Tazman4151 said:

Looking for advise on whether or not to grade the card in the picture?  The seal is the concern for me, will the seal be broken in order to grade the card?  Thoughts.

IMG_0805[544].jpg

IMG_0806[546].jpg

Welcome aboard!!

As stated by my fellow boardie earlier, CGC is only grading Pokemon and Magic, The Gathering cards.  Other companies out there grade cards, i.e. BGS and SGC.  I don't have my cards graded, even though they are comic related.  I have comics graded instead.  Lol.  I actually list them in a Misc. forum here.

That seal will have to be cut in order to properly grade the card.  You can always contact the companies I just mentioned for more info.  Good luck!!! (thumbsu