• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Walking Dead - Rarities, an Inventory of
2 2

29 posts in this topic

On 8/21/2020 at 2:11 PM, valiantman said:

My favorite Walking Dead rarity is from way before there was a big fan base.  Anyone can create "extreme limited editions" after there's a big market, but the hardest to find books from back when no one was looking are more interesting in my opinion.

2092558025_1200.jpg

Lowest print regular copy... nice!

1 hour ago, ZombieVet said:

Great list. To add to the 5000+ The Walking Dead --script Book (and #2) are the lowest printed lowest selling regular original issues.

Thank you for your kind words. I couldn't find the numbers for the -script Book. Do you know how many were printed?

1 hour ago, ZombieVet said:

Great list. To add to the 5000+ The Walking Dead --script Book (and #2) are the lowest printed lowest selling regular original issues.

PS I Have added a "place marker" for the -script Book. I'll add the numbers if you can advise them.

Regards

Stephen

25 minutes ago, StephenWA said:

Have the number, and have added it. Thank you for prompting me to find it!

Glad to contribute in a small way. Yalls registry sets have been my Bible since I started. 

#1 Previews edition -5000

#94 convention - 5000

#94 convention sketch - 200

On 8/23/2020 at 1:48 AM, ZombieVet said:

Glad to contribute in a small way. Yalls registry sets have been my Bible since I started. 

#1 Previews edition -5000

#94 convention - 5000

#94 convention sketch - 200

Thank you for your contribution.

5000 for a Feb 2011 event seems a lot, as does 5000 for the first Image Expo in Feb 2012. Only 500 or so people attended this latter. Please confirm you meant 500, and not 5000.

Regards

Stephen

Edited by StephenWA
typo

2 hours ago, StephenWA said:

Thank you for your contribution.

5000 for a Feb 2011 event seems a lot, as does 5000 for the first Image Expo in Feb 2012. Only 500 or so people attended this latter. Please confirm you meant 5000, and not 500.

Regards

Stephen

The Diamond Previews edition was also included in a Callender available on Skybounds website for a time. The cover says limited to 5000. No idea on the 94 convention, that info was found on SensiRyan's registry so maybe he can confirm?

31 minutes ago, ZombieVet said:

The Diamond Previews edition was also included in a Callender available on Skybounds website for a time. The cover says limited to 5000. No idea on the 94 convention, that info was found on SensiRyan's registry so maybe he can confirm?

Hey there - you'll have to post a link to which book you're referring to because as far as I know, this is the only book that came with a calendar:

WD #1 Calendar Club Edition (Go Calendar)

Which Diamond Preview edition are you referring to?

Also, WTTB! :foryou:

1 hour ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Hey there - you'll have to post a link to which book you're referring to because as far as I know, this is the only book that came with a calendar:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=482391

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAR178672

Diamon SDCC 2017 #1 variant

Sorry folks hope this clears things up.

Thanks Ryan, big fan 👋🤩

Yep - based on those links the #'s confirm that issue had a 5,000 print run.  Not too limited, but moreso than a regular printing.

@ZombieVet let me know if you ever have or make a want list of raw TWD books you need...I have quite a bit of random stuff left over from my years of over-buying lol  and thank you for the kind words! :) 

21 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Ryan,

I agree the only calendar edition was the one you have identified.

The Diamond Previews is here https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/ComicView.aspx?PeopleSetComicID=964219. Perhaps that is the one referred to?

Regards

Stephen

21 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Oh, and in reference to the #94 Sketch, I received the edition size info from MCS (found at this link):

Walking Dead #94 Info (taken from MyComicShop)

Interesting. I see the "200" for the 94 Sketch. However there are already 204 on the CGC Registry....

18 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Yep - based on those links the #'s confirm that issue had a 5,000 print run.  Not too limited, but moreso than a regular printing.

@ZombieVet let me know if you ever have or make a want list of raw TWD books you need...I have quite a bit of random stuff left over from my years of over-buying lol  and thank you for the kind words! :) 

I looked at the comic, and it actually says "5000" on the cover! I have updated the inventory.

Regards

Stephen

25 minutes ago, StephenWA said:

Ryan,

I agree the only calendar edition was the one you have identified.

The Diamond Previews is here https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/ComicView.aspx?PeopleSetComicID=964219. Perhaps that is the one referred to?

Regards

Stephen

I received mine in the 2018 callender and didn't know to associate with the SDCC or anything else. It's half off at midtown 😉

https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/1674280

You may have lumped this one in with the Wizard World editions... there was an Emerald City Comic con edition of #1 in 2014, but that was not a Wizard World show.  The print run would have been huge on the regular version (I think I've got 3 or 4 copies still), but there was also a B&W variant that was for purchase, not a giveaway.  Not sure what the print run on that was.