• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Trading Cards
8 8

293 posts in this topic

marvel trading cards are coming back!  Does the 25 year rule still apply?  It will be interesting to what extent these become collectible again. Which cards will be valuable given the huge supply printed once the cards took off with the first Fleer Ultra XMen.  

On 8/31/2020 at 7:17 PM, catman76 said:

Anyone else remember how you could tear a tiny hole in the packs to see if there was a hologram in the pack? The holgrams were always on the top and I would go to Toys R Us and scratch packs and buy all the ones with holograms and then sell them to guys at school who were into the cards. Good times lol

I remember the trick with the DC holograms... always the top 4 packs in the box.  I was able to get a few of those at Toys "R" Us myself...

My dad started collecting these, along with playing cards, back in the 80s-90s we have sold off a majority of the playing card decks he collected but never sold most of these Marvel Comics cards.  Would be really cool to go through them and get some high quality ones graded.  Have multiple complete sets maybe could get an entire single set grade :)

On 10/9/2020 at 1:47 PM, rustyauger said:

The 90s set is heating up. Here is a sealed box that sold for $355. A year ago you could by one for 60-90$.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-UNIVERSE-SERIES-1-SUPER-HERO-TRADING-CARD-BOX-1990-IMPEL-36-PACKS/184464025548?hash=item2af2e9a7cc:g:GuwAAOSwTDVfb7qB

A Series 1 box is now hovering around the $3000 mark :whatthe:

I'm thinking they need to hold off on adding new types of cards as it will only increase submissions, they need to get more grading staff/lower turnaround times before adding more product options which will increase the total number of cards submitted and cause turnaround times to go up even more.

9 hours ago, DanDixon said:

I stopped dealing with ebay. Is there any place else to buy and sell the Marvel cards?

I see Marvel Impel 1990 rookies and holograms listed at up to $11k for Beckett BGS 9.0 slabbed cards and holograms on ComC which has warehouses in USA and Canada for shipping raw or slabbed collectible comics, sports and non-sports cards.

5 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

I see Marvel Impel 1990 rookies and holograms listed at up to $11k for Beckett BGS 9.0 slabbed cards and holograms on ComC which has warehouses in USA and Canada for shipping raw or slabbed collectible comics, sports and non-sports cards.

I never looked at their site until you mentioned it. Also, I did not realize how high some of these MM's are going for (10 grade) on ebay - crazy.

marvel masterpieces 1992 | eBay

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 2/13/2021 at 5:52 AM, DanDixon said:

I stopped dealing with ebay a long time ago. Is there any place else to buy and sell the Marvel cards?

You could try the forums under Miscellaneous thread.  I've actually sold some stuff there with my sales thread.  I only sell raws though...

On 11/11/2020 at 12:08 AM, rustyauger said:

I have a Magneto hologram from the 1990 set that has the back printed upside down. I have never seen another one like it.

Think it has any value?

My Magneto hologram from that set has the back printed upside down as well.  I don't know if this effects value either up or down though.