• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Trading Cards
8 8

293 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

My Magneto hologram from that set has the back printed upside down as well.  I don't know if this effects value either up or down though.

I don’t think it has much affect, IMO.  It’s a production issue, which makes it kinda unique to certain collectors...that’s about it. (thumbsu

3 hours ago, Galen130 said:

I don’t think it has much affect, IMO.  It’s a production issue, which makes it kinda unique to certain collectors...that’s about it. (thumbsu

Tend to agree.  Wow, looks like these cards are really taking off.  I really like that 1990 Marvel Set by Impel.  Some great artwork.  

On 2/14/2021 at 10:35 AM, ThothAmon said:

Haven’t really been paying very close attention to the cards in my collection but now that prices have exploded I’m interested!  Here’s a few that have been cared for since new. Hope the Venom/Spidey hologram is what I think it is?}

3592D05F-EB43-4E6B-8EC7-B453EDA6BECC.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've been picking away at tons of these cards seeing what I have. That Wolvie/Sabertooth is popular right now...

Just checked out some cards on eBay - Im a little stunned at how hight some of the prices are for base cards in PSA 10.  Has this been a newer uptick?  It seems likely that the prices will drop once more graded cards come back from PSA (which is taking forever).  I do love to see these beauties getting some love though :cloud9:

14 hours ago, ganni said:

My first pack and favorite card when all this Marvel cards started .

Hey Spider-variant.  Any chance for a photo reference of the skyline?

pus6.jpg

I don't recognize it, but never say never.  I really love these cards.  I have a really nice set I put in mylars right after I bought them.  The art wasn't over the top like some later sets featured.  

I was wondering if the day would ever come in my lifetime for Comic Cards/Marvel Trading Cards to being gaining value - for whatever reason. These auctions that just ended blew me away, along with many others we've been seeing recently.

Man, if only my zillion Yo MTV Raps cards would take off...I could retire twice! (and Lady Death, Batman Forever, Valiant, X-files, X-Men, Death of Superman, etc., etc. LOL)

Screenshot_20210218-191023_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210218-191051_eBay.jpg

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

Those Black Panther cards....that's crazy!!!  I never completed that set and that's one that I never found.  I stopped collecting years ago, but I try to sell primo stuff on my sales thread...raw of course.  I haven't even considered getting cards graded.  I've spent enough money getting comics graded.  LOL.  I wonder what I have???hm

59 minutes ago, ganni said:

This is the real  "Wacky race".

Now I know what Dastardly feels just to win.

Just posting the PSA10 1000+ sales cards

bw92a.jpg

It is unreal. Just did some sold searches over $800 - I have dozens of some of these.  Who is buying these?!? :flipbait:

A few card articles of then and now - almost 30 years later:

Marvel Comics Trading Cards Are Selling For Thousands of Dollars - Here's Why (screenrant.com)

Exploring the 2020 Marvel Masterpieces by Dave Palumbo, Volume VIII - Hipsters of the Coast : Hipsters of the Coast

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

16 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

It is unreal. Just did some sold searches over $800 - I have dozens of some of these.  Who is buying these?!? :flipbait:

A few card articles of then and now - almost 30 years later:

Marvel Comics Trading Cards Are Selling For Thousands of Dollars - Here's Why (screenrant.com)

Exploring the 2020 Marvel Masterpieces by Dave Palumbo, Volume VIII - Hipsters of the Coast : Hipsters of the Coast

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Good God!!!  I have an incomplete set, but most of those cards!!  I don't know squat about grading cards though.  I'd hate to send them in and they come back as duds.  That's just crazy!!! :whatthe::ohnoez:

2 hours ago, Galen130 said:

Good God!!!  I have an incomplete set, but most of those cards!!  I don't know squat about grading cards though.  I'd hate to send them in and they come back as duds.  That's just crazy!!! :whatthe::ohnoez:

If they have been hibernating in a clear protection case, or sleeves, binder etc. untouched in an adequate environment, they are probably in good shape. I never handled mine so its's very similar to comics. Basically look at the corners, surface, etc. 9.5 and 10's are very possible with many of the ones I looked at recently because they are very strong, durable cards with really sharp corners. Only issue I and others might have is the ones that kind of stuck together over the decades. Just handle 'em like you would your old comics.