• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Trading Cards
8 8

293 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2021 at 12:29 PM, Mephisto said:

Fake sales also in the signed Liefeld Deadpool “Rookie” market.

Someone tried to use this best offer sale on this as a comp for their Liefeld auto in a Facebook group. I became suspicious when one failed to even get a single bid at $500 recently.

If you click the actual completed sale item it reveals the card that allegedly sold via Best Offer has actually been relisted and sure enough the exact card with the same serial number has been relisted.

3476D761-2331-404C-AD60-59BED9ABA99B.jpeg

40A85D83-EBE7-49FF-AFD6-666230B50331.png

2CBF7AAC-AA66-40E8-A8F3-E719A4D07F3D.png

I put one up for 30 bucks and some guy offered 15 " for his wife"

I told him he's better off buying an Xforce one and getting his own.

I put the card away for the next 30 years and then maybe I can use it to light my fireplace

Here's the thing. They WERE worthless. Then the grading boom came along. These cards, for the most part, have tiny graded populations. If/when they ever pick up in popularity the demand could potentially create legit prices for certain popular characters. Now, could everyone send in their ultra high print run cards too and bump up the population to the point that 10 and 9s flood the market and far exceed the demand for them? Yep, BUT it's becoming more and more expensive to get cards graded. Not too many people are going to send in their 8s and 9s and worse when it's going to cost them 30-40$ a pop. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out over the next year or 2.

On 4/27/2021 at 7:39 AM, Mephisto said:

More diminishing returns. And once again that first sale by Probstein at over $355 is the exact same card (serial numbers match) that just sold for $56.77.

A8019D07-C1D6-45F2-99C5-F5800761E6A1.jpeg

Probstein was called out by Openboosters on YouTube for selling a re-sealed beta starter for Magic the Gathering. Not shocked to see these.

Went to a local thrift/flea set up I have visited a few times. They had a box in a case labeled "non sports cards". I found the marvel universe series 1 cards for .25 a piece. I have a full set, but I wasn't going to pass up some more for so cheap. 

Just a few highlights pictured. Got about $7 worth. Also picked up wolverine annual 94 flair cards and silver surfer metal. 

20210810_191047.jpg

20210810_191228.jpg

Edited by maidenmate91

Sorry for not knowing anything about the card market or even where to look this up… but I noticed that this card was different than normal. Is this a variant or just a manufacturing error? (Or just weird?)

It’s card 35 from the Spider-Man Archives. (I just had an opened box lying around and there were some cards still in it from years ago.)

16366E36-D95D-48FA-AECB-7506641FEF5E.jpeg

Edited by sckao

Good Morning. Ive been out of the game for 25+yrs and looking to get some of my old comics graded and slabbed. Now i'm looking at my cards. Specifically just for my own displaying on both comics and cards

I want to get stuff of value graded. Ive been using ebay for pricing but it seems some of the pricing is way too high. So then i look for items that have actual bids to qualify a meaningful value and interested people actually looking for the item. I have many chase cards and holograms most I would assume of little value i will get graded just to be able to display. 

I have 4 packs of 1994 flair cards sealed. They are the ones with the foil 2 piece boxes. It looks like sealed packs at best go for maybe $15 dollars. I'm not particularly looking to sell them but does anyone know if there may be anything of value in them to get sent out? I'm temped to open them if they really don't have any value i'd think maybe i'd find something i may want to display.

Let me know what you guys think

Is there another dealer or auction site other than eBay to buy Graded Marvel cards?

On 9/16/2021 at 8:05 PM, LuckyMouse said:

There is a Facebook group called "Marvel/DC Trading Cards buy/sell/trade", which has some listings for graded cards.

Thanks, I’ll check it