• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crossing the Rubicon

5 posts in this topic

New to CGC and grading in general, CGCs entry into the TCG market pushed me over the edge with grading. As a Florida native that is close by, I am super excited to start sending submissions, I always wanted a more personal touch to grading. I know people who live in Texas and close to Beckett get an awesome experience in that way. I am really proud of CGCs information, and approach so far. I always wondered how some of my cards hold up to the process, and will finally be getting that chance. I do have a question though, does anyone know if the submission kit that is sent relates to TCG, or does it only apply to comics? I just wanted to know if I should wait for that, or start my submissions ASAP. Thank you!

17 hours ago, Dennis Borbolla said:

New to CGC and grading in general, CGCs entry into the TCG market pushed me over the edge with grading. As a Florida native that is close by, I am super excited to start sending submissions, I always wanted a more personal touch to grading. I know people who live in Texas and close to Beckett get an awesome experience in that way. I am really proud of CGCs information, and approach so far. I always wondered how some of my cards hold up to the process, and will finally be getting that chance. I do have a question though, does anyone know if the submission kit that is sent relates to TCG, or does it only apply to comics? I just wanted to know if I should wait for that, or start my submissions ASAP. Thank you!

I'm pretty sure it only applies to comics, TCG is pretty new for them. When you click on their site to see their kits, is there any indication that it works for TCG? If not, then I would say they don't.

9 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

When a married friend told me his girlfriend was pregnant I told him “you’ve crossed the rubicon”. Does anyone have experience bringing their comics to CGC in person for drop off or pick up?  

I know that due to COVID, this is no longer allowed.

I personally love the term, I learned the historical relevance in high school and while sometimes you could consider my uses exaggeration, I still feel like this is a big step for me XD. Thank you all so much for the info, I really appreciate it. I was really hoping I could do a walkthrough being a Florida native. I really like the surrounding area as well. Regardless I am still excited to submit my cards. Now I am just deciding the best way to go about it through the mail. Good luck to both of you in these trying times, hopefully we can get some semblance of normalcy sooner than later.