• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,211 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

Given the importance of Fugetoid and the Triceratons in the first 10 issues of TMNT, I disagree (since this is their first appearance).  Yes, it's "just" a house ad for TMNT #1, but it also has the first appearances for two of the Turtles most important groups for the early mirage turtles.  I mean TMNT 4-7 are based entirely off of these characters.  

If Fugitoid and Triceratons in Gobbledygook #1 were on sale at the same time as TMNT #1, then you've got the stars of the show in TMNT #1 and you've got the supporting characters in Gobbledygook #1... on sale at the same time.

P.S. The first appearance of a slice of pizza is more important to the TMNT franchise than Fugitoid. lol

Edited by valiantman

10 minutes ago, october said:
55 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Detective Comics #26 doesn't have an Action Comics #1 ad... they're from different years.

It's Detective 15 that has the ad.

More Fun Comics #31 as well (thumbsu - and it's very well established that none of those are the 1st appearance of Superman.

Edited by valiantman

7 hours ago, valiantman said:

TMNT #2 is very undervalued, if the prices for TMNT #1 3rd prints are any indication.  Both printings of TMNT #2 are older (and fewer were made) than the TMNT #1 3rd printings... so any copy of TMNT #2 is closer to the beginning of the Turtles than a TMNT #1 3rd print.

I was always surprised by the lack of demand for #2, the #2 2nd prints were neglected for a long while too and are beginning to get some credibility now

3 minutes ago, szav said:

I think the main question on most peoples minds now is will the value of these TMNT related gems of mine get pulled up in the whirlwind...

GeriatricGangreneJujitsuGerbils1cgc98.jpg

AdolescentRadioactiveBlackbeltHamsters1cgc98.jpg

Add Richard Gere and a cardboard tube and it’s a party! lol

7 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

TMNT #2 (first printing) - 15,000

TMNT #2 (second printing) - 30,000

If I recall correctly, I think they said they had to destroy something like 10% of each of the first two runs of #2 because they were badly miscut or something, so they're slightly rarer than those numbers suggest.  Even at 30K the 2nd printing 2 is the rarest Turtle book I have.

7 hours ago, pubmonkey said:

I was always surprised by the lack of demand for #2, the #2 2nd prints were neglected for a long while too and are beginning to get some credibility now

Pretty low print run plus the first appearance of 3 major characters in April, Baxter Stockman and the Mousers, all of which have appeared in almost every TMNT show/incarnation. 

2 minutes ago, october said:

Didn't realize 16 had one as well (and nice copy if you own that). 15 is actually the first ad though, along with the More Fun mentioned above. 

Here's a pic from my 15...

1.jpg

2.jpg

No don't own, just a copy I found for showing the label. That's cool though about Tec 15. I never knew it had one to!

20 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@sckao gets credit for the info ^^ 

TMNT #1 (first printing) - 3,000

TMNT #1 (second printing) - 6,000

TMNT #1 (third printing) - 35,000

TMNT #1 (fourth printing) - 60,000

Any idea of the print run for TMNT #1 (fifth printing)? As I recall hearing that one was technically 'rarer' than the fourth.

1 minute ago, Sauce Dog said:
20 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

gets credit for the info ^^ 

TMNT #1 (first printing) - 3,000

TMNT #1 (second printing) - 6,000

TMNT #1 (third printing) - 35,000

TMNT #1 (fourth printing) - 60,000

Any idea of the print run for TMNT #1 (fifth printing)? As I recall hearing that one was technically 'rarer' than the fourth.

lol "I" wouldn't know as I got the info from the thread link that was posted, maybe @valiantman? knows? I hope :wishluck: 

12 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

I just emailed Kevin Eastman directly through his fan website. Will let you know what he says haha

53 minutes ago, pubmonkey said:

A #2 9.8 universal sold last night on eBay for $2800... (thumbsu

Damn, I remember picking up NM copies for $75, and that was only a few years ago.  I guess I need to start submitting my other copies.  I have a 9.4 slabbed, and a bunch of raw NMs, one of which is double signed by Pete and Kevin on the inside cover.