• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,222 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Evidently a 9.8 copy of a #1 first print has sold privately for $200k on a Facebook group...

-J.

:whatthe:

that's huge...

any way to confirm it?

46 minutes ago, sorrenmj said:

Picture of signatures 

2DDCE3A0-EB78-4319-99F3-40DF285D9D73.jpeg

Which one do you like better? I'm partial to the copy with interior sigs, the big, straight, beautiful interior sigs with Peter's standing out like a champ.

I have to admit that I don't own a #1 with interior sigs but that was more about availability at the time I was in the market for one than preference.

Just now, pubmonkey said:

Which one do you like better? I'm partial to the copy with interior sigs, the big, straight, beautiful interior sigs with Peter's standing out like a champ.

I have to admit that I don't own a #1 with interior sigs but that was more about availability at the time I was in the market for one than preference.

I think I prefer the signature versions as I swear this copy would have been signed at an early comic con when the second print was launched. I like that Pete’s signature is in purple pen. I also think a signed inside copy for the early prints is as close to the earliest tmnt days as they get

With signatures on cover I dislike when the sigs are on top of the graphics . If they are along the black border ( which is very uncommon ) that’s nice but I think being inside keeps the cover appeal at a maximum and adds that special factor knowing they are inside . 

So I like inner more but wouldn’t pay extra for that lol

On 7/2/2021 at 7:26 PM, sorrenmj said:

The seller needs to update their listing title. At the moment it suggests it’s a true second print and could be seen as misleading. Updating it as they have isn’t clear enough, especially if the highest bidder placed their bid before the update. If it was me I’d pull the listing and start again making it clear it’s the free reproduction that came with a visual book. There’s no way someone is spending over $1,000 for a reprint of a second printing. This will most likely double or triple by tomorrow’s end of auction.

It’s over $1200 now and ending in 9 hours. I can’t watch. :ohnoez:

16 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Evidently a 9.8 copy of a #1 first print has sold privately for $200k on a Facebook group...

-J.

Amazing if proof can be made available - would have to be a new record for the grade/print!