• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,211 posts in this topic

On 7/3/2021 at 11:28 AM, pubmonkey said:

This didn't last long:

Raphael 9.8 SS WP

...about 20 minutes

But this one is still there(?):

Raphael 9.8 SS with remark but OW

sale price on this Raphael was $5500. Original asking price was $7500. It was a very quick offer and deal. Congrats to both seller and buyer.

The other mentioned SS copy has a starting bid at $6999 but no 'make offer' so it's just sitting there.

There's a joker with one at $15000 but this doesn't seem to be intended to drive traffic as its the only thing they have for sale. I guess we will be looking at that for a long time to come as we have reached a plateau with the 9.8's ($5k-$6k).

I also see a lot of mid grades for sale that are collecting dust unless priced 15-20% lower than the competition. Thats the sweet spot where they are selling well and fast.

So lots of demand still for Rapheal #1 with a healthy supply, but buyers are not getting suckered; they're taking their time to get the right book for the right price. 

16 hours ago, spracknetch23 said:

I hope it was trolls. Final price just over $2k. 

That's just nutty. I'll admit I almost pulled the trigger when I first saw it but then asked the 'boards' before I did so...glad I did. 

Just now, spracknetch23 said:

Yeah, I have that book and the reprint of the 2nd printing is actually a pretty awesome printing. Not $2k awesome though. 

The winner (is that the right term to use?) may receive their 2k book in the post tomorrow!

21 hours ago, sorrenmj said:

This is the $50 visual book the $2k book comes bundled with!

I absolutely love that book.  I was able to get mine signed by Eastman at a convention.  All the inserts and attachments are such a cool bonus.  

If I was the seller of that $2k auction I don't think I'd go through with the sale.  Assuming it wasn't troll bids, that thing is gonna get returned.  

6 minutes ago, BeardedBubba said:

I absolutely love that book.  I was able to get mine signed by Eastman at a convention.  All the inserts and attachments are such a cool bonus.  

If I was the seller of that $2k auction I don't think I'd go through with the sale.  Assuming it wasn't troll bids, that thing is gonna get returned.  

I am keeping an eye on the feedback to see how this ends? I can't help but wonder what if the buyer doesn't know the difference and accepts it

2 minutes ago, BeardedBubba said:

So it was troll bidders after all. I would feel bad for the seller if he wasn't trying to pull a fast one with the new listing. He doesn't "think" it's an original second print. Mmmhmm. 

5 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

So it was troll bidders after all. I would feel bad for the seller if he wasn't trying to pull a fast one with the new listing. He doesn't "think" it's an original second print. Mmmhmm. 

The seller may have multiple copies. All anyone has to do is purchase several copies of the visual book and then sell the bundled #1 reprint for $100 plus to make it worthwhile. The visual book is still widely available

1 minute ago, sorrenmj said:

The seller may have multiple copies. All anyone has to do is purchase several copies of the visual book and then sell the bundled #1 reprint for $100 plus to make it worthwhile. The visual book is still widely available

Yeah that's a good point. 

Would it be worth contacting the seller to inform that the reprint is bundled with a $50 visual book? Then they can't say ''I don’t think that this is an original 2nd print. I don’t know much about this comic.''

Just catching up on this thread and that re-listed item is the most ridiculous mea culpa ever "...2nd print,... not sure it's an original second print" w/ an interior shot to boot to prove you can be sure it's not a second or original second. Buyer beware. Btw, is a 2nd print of a 2nd print a 4th print? :P