• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,211 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Just under an hour left. Guesses on where this will finish?

58D6EE13-6CCC-4C97-9580-B081417C8D86.jpeg

Very interesting. It stayed at the same amount. I don’t if this guy is happy, or a bit somber as he may have thought it would have gone higher and he wouldn’t have won it. Just a few short years ago, an 8.0 1st print was this much. Crazy! 

39 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

This book has been relisted.  The seller mentions it in his new listing.

Was thinking it was a shill bid situation, but maybe just a-hole fake accounts who never intended to buy. That’s unfortunate for this guy! The last 2nd print was that 3.0 as I recall that sold for like $1300. So he should be able to get around what he’s now asking for this nice 8.0.

On 9/8/2020 at 8:47 AM, Roddulate said:

$2,250 with three days to go. GoCollect estimates the value at $5500, so if the bidding ends below that, it may be an indication that prices have peaked for now,

Edited by tvindy
more info

On 9/5/2020 at 9:02 PM, SpideyFein said:

Very interesting. It stayed at the same amount. I don’t if this guy is happy, or a bit somber as he may have thought it would have gone higher and he wouldn’t have won it. Just a few short years ago, an 8.0 1st print was this much. Crazy! 

The seller is actually very disappointed....as the high bidder was a flake and didn't pay, likewise the 2nd and 3rd bidders refused to buy it at their last bid rate. So the seller has re-listed it at a fixed price back on Ebay (but is offering it for sale for less on other boards that shall remain nameless)

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 8/28/2020 at 3:33 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

The original Archie 3 issue mini series is still undervalued considering it holds first appearances of Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang.  Other than Shredder, those have to be the most iconic villains for the shellheads.

I have a question about this mini-series - CGC notes the first issue as the first appearance of Bebop and Rocksteady, but if you read the books, they aren't named in the first issue and they only show up in their human forms. It's not until issue 2 that they actually show up in their more recognizable, mutated forms, and that's the first time they're called by name. Shouldn't that be a distinction? I mean, technically the guys who will become them are in 1, but the "real" Bebop and Rocksteady (for the intent of the comic/show) are in issue 2.

15 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

I have a question about this mini-series - CGC notes the first issue as the first appearance of Bebop and Rocksteady, but if you read the books, they aren't named in the first issue and they only show up in their human forms. It's not until issue 2 that they actually show up in their more recognizable, mutated forms, and that's the first time they're called by name. Shouldn't that be a distinction? I mean, technically the guys who will become them are in 1, but the "real" Bebop and Rocksteady (for the intent of the comic/show) are in issue 2.

Yeah, that is how I remember it too.  Either not enough people care about the actualities or they are blind to it.  The entire 3 issue mini is worth having for Turtle fans though.