• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,222 posts in this topic

I still think people's different uses of "sale" and "sell" are dependent on regional dialect. It's the only explanation I can come up with. 

On 4/16/2022 at 4:21 PM, BDubs said:

My issue is the guy that outbid me for the #1 told Doug he had to sell his 9.8 prior to payment. My bid would have been a winner and now Doug is trying to have me buy the 9.8 at $215k so the guy pays for the auction. That’s not how this works. 

I'm not sure I understand, you were both bidding on a #1 1st print 9.8 and the other bidder had to sell his copy he already had at the same price?

Do you happen to have the CGC# for the one that actually sold?

On 4/21/2022 at 6:52 AM, GM8 said:

I'm not sure I understand, you were both bidding on a #1 1st print 9.8 and the other bidder had to sell his copy he already had at the same price?

Do you happen to have the CGC# for the one that actually sold?

Sounds like there was a #1 9.8 Signature that was auctioned for $223k. The winner of that auction decided he wanted to sell his #1 9.8 Universal first before paying for the SS. Im thinking he asked Doug for help on that end, at which point he reached out to the underbidder, BDubs, to see if he wanted a Universal 9.8 athis max bid of 215K. But BDubs does not want to spend the same 215K on a Universal when he could have (potentially) won a SS for the same price and declined. 

Which leaves the current "winner" in a bit of a jam... Did he ultimately pay the 223K for the SS? Maybe he gave Doug his blue..? 

Of course this is all speculation. Which is seems appropriate here in this official TMNT speculation thread! :insane:

My 9.6 TMNT #1 is about to go up for auction on Clink:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2022may%26pg%3D2%23Item_1560433&id=1560433&itemType=0

Before the stock market and crypto crash, I predicted that it would go for about $80,000. Now I don't know, but I'm betting it will go for less than that. I'd be curious to know what you guys think.

On 5/19/2022 at 6:39 PM, tvindy said:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2022may%26pg%3D2%23Item_1560433&id=1560433&itemType=0

Before the stock market and crypto crash, I predicted that it would go for about $80,000. Now I don't know, but I'm betting it will go for less than that. I'd be curious to know what you guys think.

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m between $55,000 and $65,000 hammer, thinking closer to $55,000.

On 5/19/2022 at 6:39 PM, tvindy said:

I think all collectables will take a beating now I’m glad I sold when I did ( not Tmnt but in general ). The world is a very unstable place and the economy in North America a steaming pile of dung. Money won’t stay parked in collectables if other tangible assets are plummeting . Hope you can get some good money but those crazy highs are long gone . 

On 5/20/2022 at 10:51 PM, Subby1938 said:

I think all collectables will take a beating now I’m glad I sold when I did ( not Tmnt but in general ). The world is a very unstable place and the economy in North America a steaming pile of dung. Money won’t stay parked in collectables if other tangible assets are plummeting . Hope you can get some good money but those crazy highs are long gone . 

I beg to differ, but then again what do I know.

On 5/21/2022 at 1:51 AM, Subby1938 said:

Yes, the timing is lousy. The stock market was doing well went I sent it in to Clink about three months ago. Then the crash happened just before the auction started. I'm still hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

On 5/22/2022 at 9:33 PM, Jaydogrules said:

$63k-68k.

Never fear. 

-J.

I mean, for OPs sake I hope you’re right. But you think the softer market doesn’t affect the price at all? Nor the fact that a sig series 9.6 is on HA right now and Quinten’s 9.4 is on comicconnect and all three hammer roughly at the same time? I mean, I already have my 9.0 and not looking to upgrade, but if I’m parking 70k anywhere, I’m keeping my powder dry for quintens book due to the history.

On 5/22/2022 at 11:37 PM, jaybuck43 said:

I mean, for OPs sake I hope you’re right. But you think the softer market doesn’t affect the price at all? Nor the fact that a sig series 9.6 is on HA right now and Quinten’s 9.4 is on comicconnect and all three hammer roughly at the same time? I mean, I already have my 9.0 and not looking to upgrade, but if I’m parking 70k anywhere, I’m keeping my powder dry for quintens book due to the history.

I didn't know about the 9.6 on Heritage. That could definitely have an effect, especially since it's signed and has white page.

On 5/23/2022 at 2:27 PM, tvindy said:

I didn't know about the 9.6 on Heritage. That could definitely have an effect, especially since it's signed and has white page.

The 9.4 is as well, but it's signed and inscribed on the inside.  So it got a Blue label.