• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,222 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2022 at 6:09 PM, MAR1979 said:

All I know is every 1980's Mirage Turtles book I had graded last year now sells for nearly 1/2 what they did in April-May 2022 time frame.

Admittedly stuff I submitted was not the cream of the crop. With them sinking like a stone sure I don't sell comics.

1 -  3rd 9.6w, 4th 9.6w

5,6,7 CGC 9.8w

Donatello 1 CCC 9.8w

All were my original when new LCS purchases.  Only sent in for nostalgia's sake and #5 is my favorite Turtles cover

That's nothing to sneeze at :cheers:

On 8/11/2022 at 4:16 PM, BDubs said:

Not sure I'm more impressed with the grades or the speed at which you received them!  Absolutely amazing!  How'd the 2 #3 Laird Variants grade?  I'm currently holding a 9.6 looking for a 9.8 

The Grades ARE impressive. So is the Walk Through shipping and insurance cost from the #1!

I my #3s are all standard all blue Laird signs....they are on a slow boat at CGC now.

On 8/16/2022 at 10:01 AM, The Comics Trip said:

Just got some comic sized Turtles back!

HUGE shout out to Punch Comics and Pressing in Dartmouth MA for Press & Clean and the flawless service and ship to CGC!

<<Open to trades for the 9.6 (FMV ~150) for other CGC Turtles #6 and up>>

PXL_20220816_133303299.thumb.jpg.a9679138db9bdbd0b22bc61f6714cd86.jpg

Ok, looks like they have a new customer incoming.  Do you have a link for pressing and submittal services?  I have a few TMNT #1 3rd prints and teens I need pressing and submitted!

On 8/18/2022 at 11:55 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

What do we all think about this?

https://collectorscomics.com/#/auctionlisting/d5d63ed4-d48c-47de-b5ef-60592b578266

Super strong price, makes me question its legitimacy hm

I'm not sure. That's Mark Wilson's kid and he runs those auctions completely fee free but he's also selling his own books in the auctions so shilling would be easy. I was considering sending a book in as a try out for the next auction but the seller portal is horrible. 

On 8/18/2022 at 11:55 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

What do we all think about this?

https://collectorscomics.com/#/auctionlisting/d5d63ed4-d48c-47de-b5ef-60592b578266

Super strong price, makes me question its legitimacy hm

is it that strong? Heritage sold an 8.5 last year for $22,000. I know it’s not a yellow label but it’s pretty easy to tell Peter and Kevin’s signatures and head busts are real. So is it Really super strong for a 10% increase over last sale?

On 8/19/2022 at 9:56 AM, jaybuck43 said:

is it that strong? Heritage sold an 8.5 last year for $22,000. I know it’s not a yellow label but it’s pretty easy to tell Peter and Kevin’s signatures and head busts are real. So is it Really super strong for a 10% increase over last sale?

Good point. Last blue 8.5 sold for $18600 according to GPA, but that might be a low sale outlier. Overall, looks like TMNT books have decreased a bit, like everything else, so just seems funny for a green label book to go that high. (shrug)

On 8/19/2022 at 10:07 AM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Good point. Last blue 8.5 sold for $18600 according to GPA, but that might be a low sale outlier. Overall, looks like TMNT books have decreased a bit, like everything else, so just seems funny for a green label book to go that high. (shrug)

Yea I get that, but green labels are weird to me. A lot of peters signings didn’t have a Cgc representative there so it wasn’t always easy to get a yellow label Peter book. (One of my Peter sigs is a Voldemort slab because they authenticated it)

On 8/19/2022 at 10:40 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Yea I get that, but green labels are weird to me. A lot of peters signings didn’t have a Cgc representative there so it wasn’t always easy to get a yellow label Peter book. (One of my Peter sigs is a Voldemort slab because they authenticated it)

I'm waiting on Voldy to grade mags so I can get this graded and authenticated :headbang:

IMG_8144.jpg

On 8/31/2022 at 10:15 AM, GM8 said:

I've been tracking this one. This one may set the floor or begin the bounce back. It's a strong bid for 8 days left.

On 8/31/2022 at 9:33 AM, pubmonkey said:

I've been tracking this one. This one may set the floor or begin the bounce back. It's a strong bid for 8 days left.

Gimigifs - Animated GIFs for social media posts. - Happy Birthday GIF  Animation

image.png

In general I like how they make it so that the offer has to be a 50% premium to the cost paid, but I think when it gets to six figures that percentage can probably be relaxed.    Would the buyer really turn down a 275k offer made today?

On 9/13/2022 at 3:21 PM, The Comics Trip said:

186k....

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 3.20.23 PM.png

A dip in the price for this book, but not to the doomsday levels some predict. Previous sale was $223,222 at Pedigree on 3/9/22, so this $186K sale is a 17% drop from that previous sale. Interestingly, this exact book (SN# 1262933001) last sold by my records way back on 11/20/2014 at Heritage also for a paltry $14,938. Oh to have a time machine!