• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,222 posts in this topic

This is just my own observation, so an obviously small/flawed sample size, but I've been to multiple LCSs and a comic show in the past week, and I saw maybe literally 5-6 copies of Vol. 1 TMNT for sale across all of those, and the ones they had were some of the "less desired" copies - stuff like #34, #38-40 - the ones that always seem to pop up when looking. I don't know if it's just where I'm looking, or if Vol. 1 copies are just becoming more difficult to source. I've personally found copies in the past few years locally, but not so much anymore. Again, just an observation, infer away...

On 1/13/2023 at 6:12 PM, spracknetch23 said:

I think it was a strong price ($78k). I’ve never seen a cover go that high , but I’m not sure I’ve seen a cover on the open market. 

im curious to see what this iron-on art goes for, as I’ve never seen any of the iron-on OA on the market. Not sure if it would count as “published” if it was only used for the iron-on though 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/illustrations/peter-laird-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-illustration-original-art-undated-/a/7338-95206.s?ic16=ViewItem-Auction-Open-AlsoViewed-081514&tab=BrowseAlsoViewed-012417

Wow, that piece went much higher than I expected.. $4,080. I thought it might go lower since the description didn't mention the year (1984). Strong price. 

On 1/11/2023 at 2:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

What about the two signature series that sold nearly at the same time, (on eBay?) For $50,000 a piece? Compared to blue label that was $100k+?

I didn't know if those sales ever went through, but sounded like someone needed the money idk 😐🤣

Ebay sales for $50K you say? Hmmmm...those stick about as often as a brick thrown at a rock wall.  Seriously though, I went through my data and don't have any yellow label sales from ebay for anywhere near that price. It's not to say they don't exist - just that I haven't seen it and have no record.

Starting to see a couple of #3 Variant "White Laird" cgc 9.6s in ebay auctions... also see a 9.8!  Price offered declined however...  Looks like overall the non key common collection has taken some deep cuts in value.   

On 2/16/2023 at 6:41 PM, BDubs said:

Hmm, I'm not caught up on the recent stuff (still haven't read Last Ronin, but it's on my to-do list). Could be an interesting take if done well though, I'm intrigued.

So, I was fortunate enough to buy a TMNT #1 first print off the stand in 1984.  35 years later I sent it off to get it graded and got it back as a 9.0, registry number 1998931001.  I foolishly sold it a few years back and I'm looking to re-acquire it.  It ANYONE might have an idea where this book is, I'd love the opportunity to talk to the current owner and see what could be done to pry it away.  Thanks!

GHMC0942.JPG