• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,222 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Yeah, that is how I remember it too.  Either not enough people care about the actualities or they are blind to it.  The entire 3 issue mini is worth having for Turtle fans though.  

The main reason I asked is because I was able to buy a mixed lot of TMNT books, and the miniseries #2 was the only Archie book in it, so I want the credit to be correct... xD

2 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

If it doesn't list a printing you know its a 1st print 

2nd and 3rd printings indicate as such on the label

It's a bit blurry, though, so I couldn't tell for certain. In either case, congratulations! :applause:

4 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

It sold for just over $6K with sales tax.

Not bad I was spot on.. Collectors have to realise it’s a 2nd print so any expectations of a 9.6 going over let’s say  9-10k will eventually happen but for the most part the first print is always going to be the Gorilla in the room and why there is so limited qualities and so much demand for that Action Comics #1 of the copper age..

19 minutes ago, Kalel38 said:

Not bad I was spot on.. Collectors have to realise it’s a 2nd print so any expectations of a 9.6 going over let’s say  9-10k will eventually happen but for the most part the first print is always going to be the Gorilla in the room and why there is so limited qualities and so much demand for that Action Comics #1 of the copper age..

No you’re 100% correct! Really thought it would go for more, but it sold for what the market was willing to bear I guess. Makes me feel like some of those lower and mid grades sales were potentially market manipulation.

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

No you’re 100% correct! Really thought it would go for more, but it sold for what the market was willing to bear I guess. Makes me feel like some of those lower and mid grades sales were potentially market manipulation.

That is a strong number for 2nd print 9.6. I think a lot of collectors are waking up to the realization of just how important the book is to the hobby ( and the TMNT generation is hitting its prime). Arguably from a historic point of view the Turtles are on par with Superman, Spiderman & Wolverine/X-men. The books impact on the hobby can not be understated & when you factor in the limited # of first prints & general rise in almost all collectables I don't see any market manipulation just a lot of people waking up to the fact that now is the time to buy this book before it becomes unattainable. On a side note I think because of the limited # of first prints its becoming clear the normal modern era rules do not books apply to this book in terms of only rare variants or ultra high examples being considered good investments. The truth is the 9.8-9.2 boat sailed a few months ago. IMHO the real action over the next few months is going to be in the 65-85 grade & in the 9.8 2nd and even 3rd prints. Just my 2 cents sorry I sold my 7.5 for 4 grand a few years ago :(

Edited by I am not Glenda

18 minutes ago, I am not Glenda said:

That is a strong number for 2nd print 9.6. I think a lot of collectors are waking up to the realization of just how important the book is to the hobby ( and the TMNT generation is hitting its prime). Arguably from a historic point of view the Turtles are on par with Superman, Spiderman & Wolverine/X-men. The books impact on the hobby can not be understated & when you factor in the limited # of first prints & general rise in almost all collectables I don't see any market manipulation just a lot of people waking up to the fact that now is the time to buy this book before it becomes unattainable. On a side note I think because of the limited # of first prints its becoming clear the normal modern era rules do not books apply to this book in terms of only rare variants or ultra high examples being considered good investments. The truth is the 9.8-9.2 boat sailed a few months ago. IMHO the real action over the next few months is going to be in the 65-85 grade & in the 9.8 2nd and even 3rd prints. Just my 2 cents sorry I sold my 7.5 for 4 grand a few years ago :(

Well, the 8.0 that sold for $4050, then found its way back up for sale at $3750 best offer and still no takers smelled a little fishy 🤷‍♂️. But the bulk of sales were likely momentary FOMO. Agree with everything you’re saying though.

Edited by LDarkseid1

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Insane.. I would rather have a low grade first print....

Pro with low grade first prints there are very very far from few that anyone would  at this point sell. Mid range to lower are very scare in first print. Even if we were to see a say a 4-5.0 those would most certainty be up around 7-9k without a doubt.

1 minute ago, Kalel38 said:

Pro with low grade first prints there are very very far from few that anyone would  at this point sell. Mid range to lower are very scare in first print. Even if we were to see a say a 4-5.0 those would most certainty be up around 7-9k without a doubt.

Really?  How about a 3.0 or so... I wonder if that would be 6k or not.... because I would still rather have an original first print over any 2nd print regardless of grade.

3 hours ago, I am not Glenda said:

Actually, not sure how strong it was now that I see someone dropped $5500 on a 9.2 only days earlier. And that legitimately sold.

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 9.00.02 PM.png

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Really?  How about a 3.0 or so... I wonder if that would be 6k or not.... because I would still rather have an original first print over any 2nd print regardless of grade.

A 3.0 most def would be 6k perhaps more as most first prints are heading into the 5 figure mark most of those low grades are closing into 10k figure. If we see a 4.0-5.0 the odds of them hitting 8-10k will not be out of the ordinary. To get a first print isn’t easy today as the low amount that’s in collectors hands knowingly know to buy back into the market will be a costly one..

4 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Actually, not sure how strong it was now that I see someone dropped $5500 on a 9.2 only days earlier. And that legitimately sold.

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 9.00.02 PM.png

Iv seen this happen with H181 you can pick any single sale to support a trend either way but when looking at the larger picture its a solid sale imho,  I try not  to focus on each sale, but the overall picture, had I told you in early spring that # would be paid for a 2nd print most of us would have thought I was insane