• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Kirby!
1 1

69 posts in this topic

On 12/9/2022 at 10:33 PM, Ameri said:

Grand Comic Database credits the Champion 9 cover to Joe alone. Alter Ego magazine #76 page 13 was cited as the proof. That was the issue with the Joe Simon interview. Blue Bolt #2 interior story appears to be the first Simon & Kirby collaboration. Half the story is drawn by Simon and the other half by Kirby. 

Blue Bolt #2, there it is (thumbsu thanks. In Mystery Men # 10 and Science #4 I suppose even though they both had art/writing in the books it must have been in seperate story's (stories? hm), therefore not an actual collaboration. 

Joe mentions Blue Bolt and he and Jack in this interview around 8 minutes in 

Edited by Professor K

On 12/12/2022 at 11:40 AM, MrBedrock said:

foxhole2cover.jpg

That is nice. Excuse my ignorance but is that the OA? If not did Kirby draw it? It just looks so awesome. 

On 12/12/2022 at 1:01 PM, BitterOldMan said:

Reminded me of the Miller Lite commercial. 😂175BB342-61AD-4D6D-9E6A-C1E585780867.thumb.jpeg.0a5d6aca7ac6af9b57cf339061d4a748.jpeg

My father used to shoot pool with him in the 60's. They grew up in the same place. Both leftys, both pretty good. Used to love to watch him play on espn. 

On 12/12/2022 at 7:34 PM, Professor K said:

That is nice. Excuse my ignorance but is that the OA? If not did Kirby draw it? It just looks so awesome. 

It is the original cover art and the cool thing is that most folks agree that Kirby not only drew it but inked it as well. I am so happy to have been in the right place at the right time to spend way too much to have it!

Edited by MrBedrock

Good move getting it. I didn't realize how rare that book is. Only 4 blue and 1 restored on the cgc census, and I looked on e bay and there's not a one raw copy for sale or recently sold. So to have the art from that..........but mostly because it's such a great cover. If someone ever asks why the call Jack Kirby "King" just show them that. 

Edit 12/14- Seeing that great Kirby art inspired me to buy this from Quentin Eastman through ComicConnect. Not sure if I paid too much as I had nothing to refer to. I think I like it though. 

Opera Snapshot_2022-12-14_073654_www.comicconnect.com.png

Edited by Professor K