• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Digital Movies and Shows General Collecting. "For folks to discuss their collecting"
1 1

71 posts in this topic

Since the pandemic hit Movies Anywhere has been supporting members sharing screen passes to their library of digital films. Now it is going full-bore in making this a regular feature.

Movies Anywhere Officially Bows Screen Pass Feature

Digital movie library Movies Anywhere has officially launched its Screen Pass feature. The feature allows users to share up to three movies monthly with friends and family for free.

Screen Pass has been available in beta since March. Key findings from the beta period include:

• 45% of senders sent a Screen Pass because someone else sent them a Screen Pass, and 30% of those who accepted a Screen Pass are new to Movies Anywhere;
  • users are split on how to send a Screen Pass with 53% choosing the movie for their recipient and 47% letting their recipient choose;
  • a significant number of accepted Screen Passes have helped drive digital movie purchases; and
  • top Screen Pass-driven purchases, representing 9% of total Screen Pass-driven purchases, were Ready Player One, The Prestige, Tombstone, The Mule, Bad Times at the El Royale and Jaws.

Screen Pass gives a friend or family member (who must be a Movies Anywhere member) seven days to accept the invitation, and another 14 days to watch the title. Once started, the user has 72 hours to finish watching the movie. A title can be shared unlimited times.

All Movies Anywhere studios are participating in the program, with each studio deciding on Screen Pass eligible titles. Eligible films appear in a scroll on the Movies Anywhere app. Users can send a text or email to share an eligible title. The service notifies recipients if the title is already in their library and they can decline the offer. Movies Anywhere also indicates to sharers how many of the three allowed movies per month they have shared.

More than 500 additional Screen Pass-eligible movies have been added to Movies Anywhere over the past month, according to the service. Newly added titles include Who Framed Roger Rabbit, A Star Is Born Encore, The Muppets and National Treasure. With these additions, more than 80% of the Movies Anywhere library is now Screen Pass-eligible.

So, to start the thread off right I will offer up the first screen pass of my entire 603-film library. You can only choose one, and once it is claimed nobody else can use that link. You have to setup a Movies Anywhere account to claim the movie.

Screen Pass (entire library) - select one film

Hopefully others join in with sharing screen passes for others to enjoy.

On 9/1/2020 at 12:52 PM, Bosco685 said:

You have to setup a Movies Anywhere account to claim the movie.

Screen Pass (entire library) - select one film

Hopefully others join in with sharing screen passes for others to enjoy.

Someone claimed All-Star Superman as a screen pass. Nice!

Edited by Bosco685

On 9/2/2020 at 8:24 PM, media_junkie said:

While I don't have 600 movies like Bosco does, I'll throw my pass up also.

Screen Pass Titles -- Select One

:applause:

By the way, you can also do a screen pass for a specific movie as well versus a general access pass to your entire library. Some films I have that maybe someone would want to see:

• Casablanca
  • Godzilla King of the Monsters
  • Mad Max: Fury Road: Black & Chrome
  • Superman: The Movie Special Edition (Richard Donner's preferred cut)
  • Tombstone

18 minutes ago, Grails said:

Wow, I’ve never heard of this. So basically all the digital movies I have purchased on iTunes and Amazon Prime can be sent to someone? But not movies from my HBOMAX or Disney+ streaming subscription.

Only those movies that port from iTunes, VUDU, FandangoNow or Amazon Prime that port to Movies Anywhere. Not all studios allow for this (Lionsgate is one that doesn't participate).

You have to connect all of your accounts which each site has this under the settings area.

7 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Only those movies that port from iTunes, VUDU, FandangoNow or Amazon Prime that port to Movies Anywhere. Not all studios allow for this (Lionsgate is one that doesn't participate).

You have to connect all of your accounts which each site has this under the settings area.

Ah.  Linked some more sites.  Up to 66 movies I can share.  Thanks for the heads up.

https://moviesanywhere.com/screenpass/S76EWKUYUUHLXU

I love MA and was buying a ton of digital codes last year from the Blu-Ray forum. Since Disney+ came out, that has slowed down a lot since a lot of the codes I was buying were Disney or Marvel movies.

There are some nice hacks when it comes to digital codes, such as “splitting” a Disney code so that you redeem DMR points and the movie with one code and have another code for another movie redemption that you can sell or give away.

Also, pro-tip for anyone who has a code for an HD or SD movie that can be redeemed via iTunes as one of the redemption places, iTunes will auto upgrade most movies into 4K for free. you will then have a 4K movie that will play on Movies Anywhere, Amazon, iTunes or any other outlet that is part of the partnership. 

Below is my limited library of movies that are screen-pass eligible. Many of the Disney and Marvel movies are missing. Also, some of these were purchased/redeemed a long time ago, so some range from SD to 4K. I’ll be adding more in the coming months and will share my screen passes with anyone who needs/wants one. Just shoot me a DM for the link. 

4F27741E-A655-4E13-A06C-D135460E4A1C.thumb.png.8befcb51d5512c74f74fdffa6c4c17da.png46ED0D7F-DA55-47BB-9B2B-9DE6DA70E7D1.thumb.png.07c65740b014cc89840f82e61809e9cc.png

Edited by awakeintheashes