• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Digital Movies and Shows General Collecting. "For folks to discuss their collecting"
1 1

71 posts in this topic

On 12/27/2022 at 2:49 PM, fastballspecial said:

First I heard of this. Anyone want to explain it to me like a 5 year old?

Movies Anywhere (Disney) can be linked between VUDU, iTunes and Google Play. Many studios support their movies playing across these platforms other than a few limitations (Lionsgate, Paramount don't participate). So any time you claim a digital movie directly at Movies Anywhere or from one of the other platforms that ports to MA, you can share these with other subscribers.

Each month MA subscribers (it's free anyway) are allowed to share three (3) screen passes each month for films that are older than one year. You just click on the Screen Pass button, and it generates a digital code you can share with another subscriber to watch within 14 days of claiming the code.

Aquaman.PNG.297156ef8dff5418fc2147dee9e68d2d.PNG

It's a really cool feature.

Edited by Bosco685

On 12/27/2022 at 5:11 PM, fastballspecial said:

So you can make a movie available for two weeks you have shared? (That is a year older.)
What is the cost to watch these compared to say Redbox or other streaming platforms?

Once you own a movie, it is yours on these platforms. And when someone offers you a screen pass of the movie they own, that viewing is FREE.

That is why they limit the sharing to three (3) screen passes/month. And only with movies (not shows).

On 12/27/2022 at 8:54 PM, Cat said:

That sounds like a pretty cool system. Wish we had something like that here. 

I have a friend in India that asked if I could share a MA screen pass with him for a movie he wanted to see. That is when I found out Disney limited the feature to the domestic market.

:(

On 12/29/2022 at 12:27 AM, Bosco685 said:

I have a friend in India that asked if I could share a MA screen pass with him for a movie he wanted to see. That is when I found out Disney limited the feature to the domestic market.

:(

Because of course they did. :eyeroll:

Edited by Cat

Turns out I have an extra Digital Copy for The Expendables 2

Expendables2_Digital.PNG.98db0259307bcc27c463cd0727bc3ad4.PNG

I'm not sure if it is still active. But if it is, there will be a VUDU copy (HD quality) and an iTunes copy (4K quality).

Anyone need this film for free, and wants to give it a try?