• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulp Selling/Trading Thread Only
8 8

92 posts in this topic

Just now, jimjum12 said:

Is that the same Gianni that has illustrated some REH ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Yep, Gary. His brother (Thomas Gianni) also illustrated a few covers for the Robert E. Howard Foundation, but the one Gianni you would be familiar with is Gary, who illustrated the second Conan and Bran Mak Morn.

5 minutes ago, Xaltotun said:

Yep, Gary. His brother (Thomas Gianni) also illustrated a few covers for the Robert E. Howard Foundation, but the one Gianni you would be familiar with is Gary, who illustrated the second Conan and Bran Mak Morn.

That guy is a maestro. GOD BLESS...

On 7/23/2021 at 5:30 PM, Sarg said:

From ComicConnect's auction -- bound volume of 1923-24 Weird Tales. The closest thing to owning a copy of the Necronomicon!

WeirdTales bound volume.jpg

Looks like the PQ is especially decent on those. GOD BLESS...

the Clink pulp auction started, if anyone was interested.  Some really cool books

On 7/14/2021 at 5:06 PM, Diamonddave said:

https://www.comicconnect.com/auction-schedule?clear=1

2000+ pulps up for grabs, Spicy Adventure, Weird Tales, Thrilling Mystery!

First time I've followed a clink auction, I really like bidding pushing back the timer 2 minutes, since I lose most of my ebay auctions to bid snipers.  Auction seems to have a good number  amount of interest, as I'm watching books like this dime detective shot to 7x what (in my eyes) a similar copy sold for on ebay recently.

123.jpg

On 8/4/2021 at 3:28 PM, waaaghboss said:

the Clink pulp auction started, if anyone was interested.  Some really cool books

First time I've followed a clink auction, I really like bidding pushing back the timer 2 minutes, since I lose most of my ebay auctions to bid snipers.  Auction seems to have a good number  amount of interest, as I'm watching books like this dime detective shot to 7x what (in my eyes) a similar copy sold for on ebay recently.

123.jpg

How do we see the results on the completed auctions?

more generally, any results from the auction that particularly impressed people?

On 8/4/2021 at 4:14 PM, OtherEric said:

How do we see the results on the completed auctions?

more generally, any results from the auction that particularly impressed people?

I just add books I'm interested in to my watch list, then I can see how they went for.

Like this doc savage.   Figured it would end around 75, sold for 431, which is impressive.

This hitler cover went for an impressive 1437. 

123.thumb.jpg.64500069248fecdd72bd644b87b2c1ff.jpg

123.jpg

Spoiler

One that I was gunning for but had to drop was this copy of Detective Story, first us published works by Agatha Christie.  Went into the final 2 minutes at 88, so I figured I had a shot, spend the next 40 minutes or so climbing to a respectable 500.

123.thumb.jpg.d722b291a176243a830ed88eaecf7dcb.jpg

Here is one ending in 2 hours I'd like to take a stab at, currently 500, but based on other auctions I wouldnt be surprised to see it cross 1000.

123.thumb.jpg.d4e16a25d8e72f09eb933af1dda191ab.jpg

Not even close lol

Screenshot_20210804-191646_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8594edfc183ea4723ba502f479e32b0f.jpg

Edited by waaaghboss

The post said Clink, but are we actually talking about the now underway Comic Connect pulp auction spanning August 3-5 ? GOD BLESS...

... Pulps are weird... some of the best material is the Sci-Fi stuff, but it's often some of the cheapest...

On 8/4/2021 at 4:14 PM, OtherEric said:

How do we see the results on the completed auctions

A workaround - you can change the drop down option in the search bar from "Comics" to "Sold" and then search by title/title + year/etc. That will show you all recent sales, but most pulps are just from this auction. Not quite as intuitive as Heritage, but it'll get you what you need