• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Philadelphia Comic-Con -- September 20, 2020 (Now With New Guidelines!)
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Let's try this one again! The last show was thrown together quickly (because Derek got the OK literally 5 days before the show was happening), but now you have a little more time.

So what's different this time? Same great dealers (plus Gary Platt and Bob Cook added to the mix), but some changes on how you get in.

From 9 to 12, one-hour slots are available to reserve. (No senior hour this time.) But if you're wanting to find that one special book, reserve a spot and come on down. (Email Derek to request a slot: dwoywood@yahoo.com). 

From 12 to 4, you can come in and stay as long as you'd like (well, until people start packing up of course). This is a limit on the number of people allowed in the room, so if it's full up, it's one-out/one-in. 

Admission is FREE and parking is free. No guest artists or door prizes. 9 dealers coming from far and wide setup on 25 tables so enough to check out especially with free admission. 

Clarion hotel 

76 Industrial Highway 

Essington, PA 19029

Dealers setting up this show are:

Daves American Comics

RC Comics

Derek Woywood 

AA Comics and Cards

Robs Kool Komics 

Jimmy Montgomery 

Gary Platt

Bob Cook

And last but not least Gene Carpenter of All-American Comics heading up from the DC metro area. 

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, POST THEM HERE AND HOPEFULLY I CAN ANSWER (or I'll ask Derek).

10 hours ago, Golden Memories said:

Any  dealer booths available?

Just got a huge new golden age collection I'm dying to bring out

I don't believe he has any space left, since he had to cut down on the number of tables. You could always send Derek an email.

On 9/15/2020 at 7:58 AM, RCheli said:

This weekend, people! Don't miss out!

Also, Derek has the new Overstreet volume in stock with about 350 different covers (a slight exaggeration) at 20% off cover price (10% off for the oversized edition).

Best Show ever!

This weekend's show was significantly better than last month's, and a lot more people showed up (and they had money, too). Derek sold an X-Men #1 15 minutes into the day, so he gloated about that for a while until I sold about 20 different issues of Power Pack from my 50-cent bin, so that shut him up pretty good.

I think the next show is sometime in November.