• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon's JACK REACHER show (2022)
7 7

237 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2022 at 4:26 PM, kav said:

why they did dum hollywood thing of binding dangerous suspect hands in front tho?  I hate it when hollywood does this.

Screenshot 2022-02-06 2.24.58 PM.png

That wouldn't be as much of an issue if they actually used the same stock the police usually use. 51DoLehsfVL._AC_SL1000_.jpg.2b2164804708ff19304a355aa50bfb2e.jpg

Then again he wouldn't have just been able to snap those apart.. 

guy keeps lookin out window at mysterious car-admits to crime-cops never look out window at what he keep lookin at :facepalm:
so far I'm not likin' this show.

Ritchson not the best at portraying Reacher-Cruise actually did a better job of portraying the laconic Reacher.  Ritchson just too excitable as the character.  Reacher dont get would up like that.  Still good tho.

I've read every Reacher book, some so long ago I had to read them twice;)  While I LOVED Tom Cruise in Risky Business (mostly the Old Time Rock'n Roll scene", he was not Jack Reacher, that was just a decent action movie.

I was concerned about Richardson as Reacher because I didn't love him as Hawk, but he's fantastic in this show. We are enjoying it so much, we are limiting ourselves to one episode a night...or my husband is, I'd probably stay up and watch another one;)

I know he's not 6'5", but they seem to have hired some shorter actors to make up the difference, lol.

In any case, it's great entertainment.  I am waiting for a reference to "the clock in my head";) 

On 2/7/2022 at 2:40 AM, skypinkblu said:

I've read every Reacher book, some so long ago I had to read them twice;)  While I LOVED Tom Cruise in Risky Business (mostly the Old Time Rock'n Roll scene", he was not Jack Reacher, that was just a decent action movie.

I was concerned about Richardson as Reacher because I didn't love him as Hawk, but he's fantastic in this show. We are enjoying it so much, we are limiting ourselves to one episode a night...or my husband is, I'd probably stay up and watch another one;)

I know he's not 6'5", but they seem to have hired some shorter actors to make up the difference, lol.

In any case, it's great entertainment.  I am waiting for a reference to "the clock in my head";) 

dont you think he's too excitable as jack reacher tho?  Reacher was a lacaonic sob.  I think cruise pulled off his personality better than Ritchson.  The set decorators are top notch though-realistic AF.

We watched the 1st episode yesterday and it was kind of meh to me.  I know it's just the 1st episode but it just feels so flat and lifeless and lacking a good spark.  Fingers crossed that it gets better. 

On 2/7/2022 at 11:19 AM, 1Cool said:

We watched the 1st episode yesterday and it was kind of meh to me.  I know it's just the 1st episode but it just feels so flat and lifeless and lacking a good spark.  Fingers crossed that it gets better. 

that was my take too.  It is a bit flat but they cant kill Child's story-its still good.  I also like how they actually eat food in this series-very rare from hollywood.

Screenshot 2022-02-07 11.22.20 AM.png

On 2/7/2022 at 1:57 PM, kav said:

dont you think he's too excitable as jack reacher tho?  Reacher was a lacaonic sob.  I think cruise pulled off his personality better than Ritchson.  The set decorators are top notch though-realistic AF.

Nope, I think he's fine. He's a little more Sherlock homes than the books, but I love that too.

On 2/7/2022 at 12:10 PM, skypinkblu said:

Nope, I think he's fine. He's a little more Sherlock homes than the books, but I love that too.

I think it was just the first episode where he hadnt found his role yet-the later ones he's more reacher like.  Reacher doesnt get excited like he did in episode 1.

On 2/7/2022 at 12:25 PM, chrisco37 said:

For you book fans, was this Season 1 the first book?  

If they aren't going chronological/book order, which one would you like to see next?  

Tripwire

On 2/7/2022 at 12:19 PM, Straw-Man said:

here's the series in first edition state!  and some bosch is intruding...

image.jpg

Void Moon?