• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon's JACK REACHER show (2022)
7 7

237 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2022 at 3:03 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Wow great show and refreshing!  I think that main dude could be the next Conan The Barbarian...

He's already Hawk in titans and starred in Blood Drive -= awesome campy splatter show.

Dunno if he can cross from DCU to MCU?

On 2/5/2022 at 1:06 AM, Beige said:

He's already Hawk in titans and starred in Blood Drive -= awesome campy splatter show.

Dunno if he can cross from DCU to MCU?

Why not.  Plenty have crossed over. 
Idris Elba 
JK Simmons
Tom Hardy
Ryan Reynolds 
Michael Keaton
Willem Dafoe
Zach Levi

On 2/5/2022 at 11:06 AM, shadroch said:

Is Conan part of the MCU?  Anymore than the Transformers,GI Joe or Star Trek? 

He could be.

Marvel regained the rights to the comics from Dark Horse a few years ago, and he appeared in a 2019 Avengers comic, saving Scarlet Witch's life after she traveled to his time.

He's also appeared in the last two issues of Savage Avengers (# 27 and 28) - each released within the last 2 months.

On 2/5/2022 at 9:43 AM, Xenosmilus said:

He’s got to be public domain by now…

He is not. The Robert E Howard estate owns the rights to Conan, Solomon Kane, Kull, Brak Mak Muffin(Sp?), Red Sonja and a bunch more.  Conan was a contemporary of Mickey Mouse, who most certainly is not in public domain.

In the US, it is life plus 95 years. I don't know if that is from the first story or from the last story. Howard was writing Conan well into the 1930s, as I recall.   The rerst of thbe world is life plus seventy years so Conan might be in public domain in some countries, but not in the USofA.

That stuff is far beyond me.  I've read that some people actually go to school for things like this.

Edited by shadroch

On 2/5/2022 at 11:51 AM, shadroch said:

He is not. The Robert E Howard estate owns the rights to Conan, Solomon Kane, Kull, Brak Mak Muffin(Sp?), Red Sonja and a bunch more.  Conan was a contemporary of Mickey Mouse, who most certainly is not in public domain.

In the US, it is life plus 95 years. I don't know if that is from the first story or from the last story. Howard was writing Conan well into the 1930s, as I recall.   The rerst of thbe world is life plus seventy years so Conan might be in public domain in some countries, but not in the USofA.

That stuff is far beyond me.  I've read that some people actually go to school for things like this.

According to the Google, Conan will enter the public domain on Jan. 1, 2028.

Finished it already.  Thought it was great.  A bit (expectedly) hooky in parts, but totally enjoyed it.  Good story, good cast.  Great character (I’ve never read the books and I saw the Cruise movie so long ago that I don’t remember it at all).  Didn’t even realize the wife was Lana from Smallville until my wife pointed it out).  

On 2/5/2022 at 4:55 AM, Bosco685 said:

Binged the season since it is just 8 episodes. Really good!

Lee Child makes an appearance near the end of Episode 8.

any jellyfish?

why they did dum hollywood thing of binding dangerous suspect hands in front tho?  I hate it when hollywood does this.

Screenshot 2022-02-06 2.24.58 PM.png