• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon's JACK REACHER show (2022)
7 7

237 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2022 at 8:48 PM, drotto said:

Hope it comes out relatively quickly.  The post production has to be shorter on this show as opposed to something like The Boys.

I would say it would be similar to Bosch. 4 months of filming and then comes out about a year after the first season. 

On 7/3/2022 at 9:27 PM, Aman619 said:

I loved the first Reacher film. Never read the books. I get the size thing..  it’s great that Reacher is huge in the books. They’d the character. 

but my favorite scene in cruises film was when the locals pick a 6 against 1 fight with him. And Cruise tells them what’s gonna happen. “It’s not 6 to 1, it’s 3 to 1. after I take out 2 of you, two will run away etc etc.  just remember you wanted this. “

and does exactly that. My point is cruises take had an intensity that a 6 ft 5 man mountain doesn’t. And all through the film he has that keen edge.  

rickson looks the part … and now I’ve read 4 books, ordered more, and he IS the Reacher on the page, but I prefer the cruise to rickson overall.  Rickson seems like he’s holding back the silly.  Or goofy somehow. Maybe it’s his size with a pretty boy face, kinda oafish.  His physique is usually the bouncer who thinks he’s hot stuff and gets his butt kicked by cruises intense shorty with all the skills

anyway. My other issue with the books now is that the bad guys are insane homicidal weirdos (Tripwire, past tense etc). Too gruesome , over the top I think. But I enjoy the real suspense in what’s gonna happen next and how Child places the pieces on the board and slowly brings it all together. 

I've read about all of the Jack Reacher books. I think I need to read his last books to catch up.   Lee Child's writing really appeals to me.   I love most these books.  I really liked the series too.  I can't wait for season 2 to come out.  
At first I didn't like Tom Cruise playing Reacher but he did a really great acting job in the movies.  I do like Rickson in the series.  I think he does a good job as well.  

On 12/23/2022 at 8:17 PM, musicmeta said:

I've read about all of the Jack Reacher books. I think I need to read his last books to catch up.   Lee Child's writing really appeals to me.   I love most these books.  I really liked the series too.  I can't wait for season 2 to come out.  
At first I didn't like Tom Cruise playing Reacher but he did a really great acting job in the movies.  I do like Rickson in the series.  I think he does a good job as well.  

I posted last July, and since then have now read ALL the books and short stories! one after the other. I enjoyed them a lot.  However, only a few really stood out to me. I found that the first 100 pages are real page turners. Lee really sets up the characters and situations and mysteries.  You NEED to find out how it all fits together.  But, the elate middle of the book too often plods along... you read and read and cant wait for the finale. Id list my favorites but honestly they blend together in my mind.  But when I read the one about Reacher getting back together with his old team, that has scenes in Los Angeles (the one that starts with someone thrown out of a helicopter) I DID get the idea that egos was a great book, and would make a great film with its iconic locations in LA and the desert, and reuniting Reacher with his army buddies.  And I should move to Hollywood, cause thats the book Amazon is shooting for Season 2! lol   I think after 28 novels, I really liked the short stories.  Same tight plotting and interesting situations, but they are over pretty quickly, no dragging middle chapters!