• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon's JACK REACHER show (2022)
7 7

237 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2022 at 12:03 PM, Bosco685 said:

Alan Ritchson just comes across as genuine and seems to go deep into his roles. I like that about him.

So seeing him make this work is really nice to experience as a fan.

Yeah agree, watched him in a couple of interviews recently and he does comes across well.

Might need to check out Titans as I know he’s in that but I’ve yet to give the series a chance.

On 2/16/2022 at 8:01 AM, RickSp said:

Yeah agree, watched him in a couple of interviews recently and he does comes across well.

Might need to check out Titans as I know he’s in that but I’ve yet to give the series a chance.

How far (and how much more massive) he has come from the Smallville Aquaman days

295365972_alan-ritchson-aquaman-smallville-jacket(1).thumb.jpg.b26b796e4b55636a9b84ed0307a81f18.jpg

On 2/16/2022 at 3:59 AM, RickSp said:

I didn’t quite get through it that quick but just finished the last episode and overall really enjoyed it. Been a long time since I read the killing floor, might need to pick up a few others in the series now as I only ever read a couple of others.

It certainly had its flaws but I liked the leads and the 80s tough guy vibe it had at times.

in the book there was a mountain of dollar bills in the warehouse, which stank to high heaven, and the hostages had to shovel it.

Reacher season 2 potential release date

As mentioned, Prime Video officially announced a renewal for Reacher just three days after season one's launch, but we're still waiting for a confirmed release date.

According to Amazon (via Deadline), Reacher ranked in its top five most-watched series ever, both in the US and globally over a 24-hour period. It's also ranked high among users too, so this quick renewal shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

We know, thanks to a recent update from main man Ritchson, that "filming will commence this fall", so we would expect new episodes to likely arrive by early 2023 or perhaps summer 2023 if we're… reaching.

I loved the first Reacher film. Never read the books. I get the size thing..  it’s great that Reacher is huge in the books. They’d the character. 

but my favorite scene in cruises film was when the locals pick a 6 against 1 fight with him. And Cruise tells them what’s gonna happen. “It’s not 6 to 1, it’s 3 to 1. after I take out 2 of you, two will run away etc etc.  just remember you wanted this. “

and does exactly that. My point is cruises take had an intensity that a 6 ft 5 man mountain doesn’t. And all through the film he has that keen edge.  

rickson looks the part … and now I’ve read 4 books, ordered more, and he IS the Reacher on the page, but I prefer the cruise to rickson overall.  Rickson seems like he’s holding back the silly.  Or goofy somehow. Maybe it’s his size with a pretty boy face, kinda oafish.  His physique is usually the bouncer who thinks he’s hot stuff and gets his butt kicked by cruises intense shorty with all the skills

anyway. My other issue with the books now is that the bad guys are insane homicidal weirdos (Tripwire, past tense etc). Too gruesome , over the top I think. But I enjoy the real suspense in what’s gonna happen next and how Child places the pieces on the board and slowly brings it all together. 

On 7/4/2022 at 1:01 PM, The Brain said:

My other issue with the books now is that the bad guys are insane homicidal weirdos (Tripwire, past tense etc). Too gruesome , over the top I think

Keep reading, Child gets better, and the characters better as well.

I’m reading ENEMY now.  Liking it but weird Reacher has a desk job. Not a hobo yet!

I have two reacher questions if you guys know.  In Past Tense Reacher beats up the son of the apple orchard big shot. He’s connected and thugs are sent from Boston. In his last run in, against the wrestler ringer, Reacher punches the rich daddy. Was he killed?  Did he just drop his attempts at Reacher?  I don’t recall him appearing after that fight. 

and Tripwire ends with Reacher sticking around. With Jodie. Is she in the next book with him? I haven’t read it yet, so not looking for a spoiler as to what happens to her, just if next book picks up where Tripwire ends.  Thanx