• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a good website to learn about Marvel cards, boxes, ....

4 posts in this topic

So over the years I've gotten literally thousands of Marvel cards, sets, boxes, ect.  Its easy to find what a sealed box goes for off ebay, but sets , subsets and chase sets are hard to track. 

Is there a website that I can use to learn more about what I have and what they sell for. I was surprised at what some of the boxes sell for, both good and bad. 

On 9/5/2020 at 11:25 AM, shadroch said:

So over the years I've gotten literally thousands of Marvel cards, sets, boxes, ect.  Its easy to find what a sealed box goes for off ebay, but sets , subsets and chase sets are hard to track. 

Is there a website that I can use to learn more about what I have and what they sell for. I was surprised at what some of the boxes sell for, both good and bad. 

I haven't heard of any sites that specifically keep track of cards/ sets/ boxes values, but I use trading card database to both catalog my cards and to also see what cards are in the sets. Each set will have a page for inserts, parallels, promos and stuff like that. You can get prices on there sometimes but anyone can enter a price for a card so you'll see some outrageous prices sometimes. I think they started vetting price submissions though so hopefully that issue will be resolved over time. 

If there's a set im trying to put together I can find what inserts/subsets there are and then look at sold listings on eBay to see what they go for. It's another step in what you're looking for but it's been helpful for me over the years. 

Personally, I use the current edition of  Becket Non-Sport Almanac to get estimates on cards...if they are listed in the book.  I found a few series' in my collection that weren't in there.

A website you could also use is nonsportrealm.com.  Sometimes (and I reiterate sometimes) it will show what card(s) are selling for on eBay and other sites.  It's a tricky website to use because you have to be as accurate as possible when describing what you're searching for in the 'Search' window.

You could also try http://www.nslists.com/jachlist.htm for general info on card sets.  This guy built a pretty large database on card sets and individual specialty cards, but it doesn't really contain info on potential worth.  It's a good website for research purposes.  Be aware though...it isn't a 'secure' website, although I haven't had any problems using it so far.  Hope this helps you some!!! (thumbsu