• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 7 directed by Christopher McQuarrie (2021)
1 1

173 posts in this topic

And to ensure COVID doesn't impact the crew, Tom Cruise has rented two cruise ships to keep them away from anyone impacted by the pandemic.

Tom Cruise has hired two Hurtigruten cruise ships to house cast and crew during filming for the next Mission: Impossible movie.

In an attempt to avoid any more delays due to coronavirus -- filming was halted on the seventh movie in February -- the production company behind the movie Truenorth has hired the line's newest ship Fridtjof Nansen and the recently refurbished, Verstarelen, from the Norwegian cruise line.

The movie is being filmed in the More og Romsdal region of northern Norway throughout September and Cruise has stumped up the reported £500,000 ( about $662,000) for the hire, according to British tabloid newspaper, The Sun.

18 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

And to ensure COVID doesn't impact the crew, Tom Cruise has rented two cruise ships to keep them away from anyone impacted by the pandemic.

That is nice of him and all, but should someone get it on the cruise ship won't the covid spread like wildfire?

2 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

That is nice of him and all, but should someone get it on the cruise ship won't the covid spread like wildfire?

Tested them ahead of time so then once they are on the ship, THEY ARE ON THE SHIP!

(:

Damn, go go Tom.

I can't say as I disagree with him.  With the total uncertainty the movie industry has right now (espically with Warner putting all 2021 first run movie releases on HBO Max and AMC bleeding money hand over fist), those crew members have to be insufficiently_thoughtful_persons if they really did break whatever protocols that movie has set up.  

He’s right but still a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. And I’ll watch him in everything! Similar thing happened here at work a few weeks ago. One of our leaders started yelling and lecturing our entire team when all of us are following protocol. I just walked out.