• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

golen age batman and detectives, what are they worth

6 posts in this topic

hi, i don't own any overstreet guides, and wizard only states silver age and above, but i was currious if any one could give me a Near mint price range of golden age Batman and detective comics comic books.

are they worth tens of thousands?

I read once in Overstreet or Comic Scene or CBG, can't remember, but what its said was, that if you have every DETECTIVE COMIC from the 1st to present, that would be your most expensive collected series. I tend to agree. There's over 780 issues so far. I don't know of any other series thats gone as high. A lot of the early issues go for big bucks. The silverage issues sell pretty high too.

Now we'll hear a rebuttal from the SUPERMAN - ACTION COMICS fans.

As far as tens of thousands; I'd say hundreds of thousands. Depending on condition.

I'm an Action/Supes person, but I would agree with you. Action doesn't have as many keys as 'Tec. While Action #1 would undoubtedly surpass any single issue of 'Tec, 'Tec has #1, #27 and #33 (I think it's 33) and those three probably do add up to more than Action #1.

But I'd rather have a run of Action myself.

One day I would love to get my own pedigree designation for getting all of the Batman comics, Detectives and Actions. How cool would that be? One of the reasons that I went for a full run of Batman is (1) cost and (2) availability of issues. If someone gave me $100K right now I could get a full run and some really nice copies to boot - $100K would get me a nice run of Detectives, but not nearly all of them and furthermore issues like #1, #27 and #33 are just impossible to find. Same with Action - the #1 sold for around $120K in last month's heritage auction.

DAM