• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In Praise of Single Pages
6 6

230 posts in this topic

On 12/29/2022 at 9:13 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Please tell me CGC didn’t put that page in backwards 

Most likely by request. Many people on the single pages group in Facebook ask them to reverse the page in the slab if it would put the better / more significant art at the front for display (as sometimes the page might have ads on the front but all the comic art on the back)

On 12/30/2022 at 10:15 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Most likely by request. Many people on the single pages group in Facebook ask them to reverse the page in the slab if it would put the better / more significant art at the front for display (as sometimes the page might have ads on the front but all the comic art on the back)

Makes sense, but disturbs my OCD nonetheless 

I’ve seen a lot of Bat 1 pages and a lot of AF 15 pages. I hadn’t seen many Spidey 1 pages and was shocked to find a printing mistake here. “Peter Palmer”???

it’s not like the Inverted Jenny, but I found this printing mistake interesting 

and I love seeing FF as drawn by Ditko

486D11BE-0DCB-46EA-A5F3-F2C690C0BCB2.jpeg

45ED52C8-5C9C-4A3D-A90A-6B4131746619.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 10/16/2022 at 11:45 AM, gadzukes said:

Here is a page I found in a stack of coverless that wanted to share because it has a VERY interesting feature....

"Snappy" was a one page cartoon feature found in early Crack Comics.  There's nothing super special about the feature BUT....

This particular page I found has the artist's info printed on some newsprint and glued to the back of this Snappy page.

I imagine it was the way the artist Arthur Beeman got work?  He would send single finished printed pages of his work around to different publishing houses?

Kind of a cool piece of comic history. It's from Crack Comics 18

Has anyone seem anything like this before?

IMG_3502.jpeg

IMG_3503.jpeg

IMG_3501.jpeg

RenderedImage.jpeg

I wanted to find out if there's any boardies who would be interested in owning this page.  I would be happy to give it to you for free.  I think it has value from a "comics history" perspective more than having any regular monetary value.  If interested, PM me and I'll make it happen.

On 3/29/2023 at 11:12 AM, gadzukes said:

I wanted to find out if there's any boardies who would be interested in owning this page.  I would be happy to give it to you for free.  I think it has value from a "comics history" perspective more than having any regular monetary value.  If interested, PM me and I'll make it happen.

That’s interesting, and a nice offer. You should keep this page for you. Do you think he must have drawn the art for the first page? It’s a cool style

One of the odd things about collecting single pages is that they are all graded NGs, whether the page is ratty or pristine. And the people who collect them want pristine so they can display them. This anomaly renders GPA values meaningless because it’s impossible to know if the reported sale was for a good copy or bad. 

Prices being down the way they are, I’ve been able to pick up some more pages without breaking the bank. Another copy of Jokers first story appearance, and I’m especially happy with the last page of FF1. Such high adventure contained in a single page!

IMG_6255.jpeg

IMG_6257.jpeg

IMG_6258.jpeg

IMG_6260.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

Since I'm priced out of ever owning a complete copy this single page was my best option for getting my second favourite Bat-villian first appearance; Clayface (my main favourite is Scarecrow, which I luckily do own a coverless copy of his first appearance)

Choose this page since it shows him in action, on a film set, and has Batman/Robin mentioning his NAME in panel (which I actually find important to have on some single pages - helps with recognition/context)...also a big bonus is him basically successfully killing Robin had Batman not rescued him from the water :D

20231108_093807.jpg

20231108_093815.jpg

Edited by Sauce Dog