• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In Praise of Single Pages
6 6

230 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Thanks yeah I’m not super far off. My perfect scenario would be to get pages 4, 29, 30 and 1 Batman page. That would be amazing! As far as the centerfold goes you offered $5K more than me lol. Like I said, they told me he wants $20K and there’s no way I’m paying that. I honestly would be right at your price point of $15K at my max, and I suspect at auction it might not even sell for that. So it’s gonna sit. I’d rather put my money towards a Batman page for $10K-$14K.

Well Its normal that you would

The CF is  good for someone who needs it to complete his book: Everything except the CF.

I would go for the Bat pages first also

As for 15k and refusing it. Chicago boy has the back cover and just missing the cf and the front cover so makes sense for him to offer that and even a bit more. 

20k is cheap i would buy it for 20k anyday if i was JUST missing the CF.

Ill be a bidder in auction and would bod more than 15k and hold on to it. Tec 27 is only going up in value so its  piece of a missing puzzle of the Holy Grail alongside Ac1

I would hope he puts it up in auction 

5 hours ago, zen514 said:

Well Its normal that you would

The CF is  good for someone who needs it to complete his book: Everything except the CF.

I would go for the Bat pages first also

As for 15k and refusing it. Chicago boy has the back cover and just missing the cf and the front cover so makes sense for him to offer that and even a bit more. 

20k is cheap i would buy it for 20k anyday if i was JUST missing the CF.

Ill be a bidder in auction and would bod more than 15k and hold on to it. Tec 27 is only going up in value so its  piece of a missing puzzle of the Holy Grail alongside Ac1

I would hope he puts it up in auction 

No I agree, if I were only missing the centerfold I’d likely drop around $20K to get it. Unfortunately not my scenario. I didn’t know Chicago had a more complete version than me so definitely incentive to spend more.

51 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

No I agree, if I were only missing the centerfold I’d likely drop around $20K to get it. Unfortunately not my scenario. I didn’t know Chicago had a more complete version than me so definitely incentive to spend more.

Yes. 20k if all you were missing is the front cover seems right on point.

Edited by zen514

18 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

You guys are making me reconsider my offer to CC.  Damn you !!!!

Just buy it lol. If you are that much closer to having a complete copy like Zen said than its worth it. Just too rich for my blood for what I still need.

Edited by LDarkseid1

3 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Don't think I posted this here. Got it a few months back. The only single page I have but wouldn't mind a page from Superman 1 to keep it company.

1940 Spring Batman 1.jpg

Superman 1 page you say, well what a coincidence. Comicconnect just happens to have the Superman 1 page of all pages to own in their upcoming auction. Good old page 7 which of course mirrors Action Comics 1’s cover. I’d say go after that bad boy. No picture yet but it’s OW/W pq so I imagine it’s a nice presenting page.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/898367

Edited by LDarkseid1

2 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Superman 1 page you say, well what a coincidence. Comicconnect just happens to have the Superman 1 page of all pages to own in their upcoming auction. Good old page 7 which of course mirrors Action Comics 1’s cover. I’d say go after that bad boy. No Picture yet but it’s OW/W pq so I imagine it’s a nice presenting page.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/898367

Oh wow thanks. I hadn't yet watched any books from that auction. Well that's the Sup 1 page to get if youre gonna get one. I found this- Good chance this is the one on CC. https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/753086368916539735/  Seems it may have been on ebay at some point.

Has anyone noticed what Bat 1 pages have been going for on the Bay? Prices have gotten bid up thousands of dollars. Seriously, like in the last 2 months pages  have tripled. 

still, book prices on complete Bat 1s have also soared, so I still don’t think there’s any financial payoff that would tempt sellers to break up books (thank goodness!)

On 12/13/2021 at 5:47 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Has anyone noticed what Bat 1 pages have been going for on the Bay? Prices have gotten bid up thousands of dollars. Seriously, like in the last 2 months pages  have tripled. 

still, book prices on complete Bat 1s have also soared, so I still don’t think there’s any financial payoff that would tempt sellers to break up books (thank goodness!)

I’m not one to destroy books but I’m certain if I broke mine up I would get more than selling it complete. At $3500 average a page that’s $119k and the splash pages would likely sell for more, first page is also signed by Bob Kane.  I would still have the front and back cover to sell as well.  No chance I could get 6 figures for the book as it sits. 

A768EA69-FA72-41D9-84C3-887A8C19F4AC.png