• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

So many as in the 150+comments he’s getting in sympathy.

He is deleting and blocking anyone who disagrees with him or proposes anything that does fit his narrative.

6 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

(shrug)

ya I just wanted to call attention to it so people aren't "surprised" by the charges, this would be the thread to advertise in, wasn't singling you out!

As far as sympathizers, I can see people flocking to controversy, But more importantly and hopefully, as people push, the facts will be shown 

Hopefully :wishluck: I don't see him doing this and it all being swept under the rug without some kind of resolve :foryou: barring any repentance or compromise....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

23 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

(shrug)

I am never an advocate of adding on charges to a previously paid for bill unless they are clearly broken down and explained.

I am well aware of UPS adding on additional costs if I did not note a residential address for example,  or if I underweighed it.

Having had some issues with UPS billing in the past I wouldn't say they are the greatest either.

But lump sump "adjustments" is just asking for threads like this to be started.

I assume CGC takes photos of every high-value walkthrough book like this upon arrival, and again after grading/slabbing, just to cover themselves. A respectable presser would do the same thing. And anyone sending in a book of this value should take a slew of their own photos before sending it in the first place. It shouldn't be hard to sort this out. Posting small, fuzzy photos on IG doesn't seem to solve anything.

2 minutes ago, Aces88 said:

I assume CGC takes photos of every high-value walkthrough book like this upon arrival, and again after grading/slabbing, just to cover themselves. A respectable presser would do the same thing. And anyone sending in a book of this value should take a slew of their own photos before sending it in the first place. It shouldn't be hard to sort this out. Posting small, fuzzy photos on IG doesn't seem to solve anything.

Not a lawyer here but wouldn't you have to prove the date of when the photos were taken anyway?  Even a timestamp?  Taken at the exact moment before going into the mail?  Is it going to get to a point where we need a third party notarized letter with dated and timestamped pictures showing the condition a book as it leaves to go directly into the mail?  If I had an AF15 I would probably have 20 pictures of it, and I bet none of them could prove when they were taken.  

3 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

Not a lawyer here but wouldn't you have to prove the date of when the photos were taken anyway?  Even a timestamp?  Taken at the exact moment before going into the mail?  Is it going to get to a point where we need a third party notarized letter with dated and timestamped pictures showing the condition a book as it leaves to go directly into the mail?  If I had an AF15 I would probably have 20 pictures of it, and I bet none of them could prove when they were taken.  

Good point. Perhaps uploading the photos to a cloud storage service like iCloud or Google Drive could provide a timestamp? At least it would show the photos were taken prior to a certain date.

2 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

It is already taken and never used.

I'm sure that is a part of the grand design of it all....  I'm sure some aren't privy to the info of the boards.... As far as sympathizers...

Nerdy girl did have the right idea calm and collective

And not brash

13 minutes ago, Aces88 said:

Good point. Perhaps uploading the photos to a cloud storage service like iCloud or Google Drive could provide a timestamp? At least it would show the photos were taken prior to a certain date.

I'm not sure if that would be enough but I've never tried a case so who knows.  You can manipulate digital time stamps by modifying the picture file or removing the EXIF data.  You could just take a picture in 2019 and wait until 2020 to upload it so that date doesn't help either.

I'll start the comic grading submission notarizing business if anyone wants in.  lol 

Edited by 90sChild

24 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

It is already taken and never used.

It was already taken? 

:shy:

I heard two guys talking on a subway once about something like that.  They said that they knew a guy that had a specific username blocked.  So the blocked user changed their name, releasing that old username back into the wild.  This meant that another account could adopt that username and pick up the reigns.  

So for example, if Dylans_Conscience was used and then blocked, if the original user changed their name, the original user would still be blocked but Dylans_Conscience would be free to be used by anyone who wanted it.

But... that's just an example. 

Good grief.....I just logged on and read this thread.

So much good material to work with that I almost don't even know where to start.

::: cracks knuckles and puts on Beethoven's Bagatelle No. 25 in A Minor :::