Trading Card Grading Experience with CGC
1 1

46 posts in this topic

Hello, I was just wanting to know what is your experience with CGC when it comes to trading cards? I know the department is fairly new. Do you think their grades hold much weight in the community? I sent in 60 cards. Thanks :)  

Edited by J-KComics
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I made a video on my experience for more context. But overall, I would say I have been satisfied with them. Sent in 80+ more cards to them for grading and building up more bulk submissions to send it. 

I think perception is pretty good at the moment as well. Decent eBay sales, constantly seeing posts about them on social media. Give it a bit more time, and I think people will see the value in CGC soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, EdisonS said:

I made a video on my experience for more context. But overall, I would say I have been satisfied with them. Sent in 80+ more cards to them for grading and building up more bulk submissions to send it. 

I think perception is pretty good at the moment as well. Decent eBay sales, constantly seeing posts about them on social media. Give it a bit more time, and I think people will see the value in CGC soon. 

Thats a really great video. I feel confident with my order now. lol .. So i sent in a very rare error card. It is a base set shadowless Rattata. It has two faint red dots on the right side of it. I did research on it and only a small number had the error. Do you have any info on this printing error? They just recently got scheduled for grading. It lists the other errors but not that one? confused.. here is the link confirming the error. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Error_cards#Base_Set

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, J-KComics said:

Thats a really great video. I feel confident with my order now. lol .. So i sent in a very rare error card. It is a base set shadowless Rattata. It has two faint red dots on the right side of it. I did research on it and only a small number had the error. Do you have any info on this printing error? They just recently got scheduled for grading. It lists the other errors but not that one? confused.. here is the link confirming the error. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Error_cards#Base_Set

As with anything of the sort I would have two suggestions.

1)  Put this information on the submission form when you submit. (No use to you now, but in the future).

2)  Call CGC now and let them know.  The sooner the better.  Better to let them know now then to wait and have it come back without the error listed and have to resubmit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, thunsicker said:

As with anything of the sort I would have two suggestions.

1)  Put this information on the submission form when you submit. (No use to you now, but in the future).

2)  Call CGC now and let them know.  The sooner the better.  Better to let them know now then to wait and have it come back without the error listed and have to resubmit.

I called them and I was told it will be sent down to them and fixed... but it is still reading the same on the error card. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jimmy11 said:

Have you seen this one?

 

Yeah I saw that video, but the person also then said he would contact CGC, who most likely rectified the situation. Furthermore, there are plenty of videos of people receiving their orders just fine. No reason to cherry pick a negative video. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EdisonS said:

Yeah I saw that video, but the person also then said he would contact CGC, who most likely rectified the situation. Furthermore, there are plenty of videos of people receiving their orders just fine. No reason to cherry pick a negative video. 

Yeah if that's the worst that's out there I would think people would be pretty confident.  He basically raves over the label, the grading, and the clarity.  He then says (rightly) that having one card that apparently failed to get heat sealed is not acceptable.  On the comic side we are constantly complaining about quality control.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, EdisonS said:

Yeah I saw that video, but the person also then said he would contact CGC, who most likely rectified the situation. Furthermore, there are plenty of videos of people receiving their orders just fine. No reason to cherry pick a negative video. 

I agree. CGC has just started grading csrds a couple of months ago. There are going to be some growing pains early on. PSA, Beckett and SGC still have the occasional quality quality control problems and they have been in business for a long time.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Shockmaster said:

I agree. CGC has just started grading csrds a couple of months ago. There are going to be some growing pains early on. PSA, Beckett and SGC still have the occasional quality quality control problems and they have been in business for a long time.  

I literally have contacted them like 6x about the error on my card and they keep saying it is still being graded... they will update it if they deem it an error.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, J-KComics said:

I mean a little, but mess ups do happen. That is a little concerning of course.  

I completely understand. Just don’t want that type of video to scare you to the point of doubting your decision. I’ve personally seen hundreds of slabs be returned with no issue if that comforts you at all.

 

 And it’s not like PSA hasn’t made mistakes in the past. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1