• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trading Card Grading Experience with CGC

46 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, J-KComics said:

That's quite a collection! What did you pay? if you don't mind me asking?  Oh and no 1st editions? 

you quoted Jimmy...He's my partner but he doesn't want much to do with Pokemon.

I traded some cgc slabbed comics.  None of those are first editions :sorry: do you have some coming back?  I'm working on putting together my childhood stuff (Base, Jungle & Fossil) but I'm now starting to go after more and more WOTC.  I want to buy some sealed boxes as well.  I'm like a kid in a candy store and I've got dad's wallet :banana: @Guardian Comics

2 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

I traded some cgc slabbed comics.  None of those are first editions :sorry: do you have some coming back?  I'm working on putting together my childhood stuff (Base, Jungle & Fossil) but I'm now starting to go after more and more WOTC.  I want to buy some sealed boxes as well.  I'm like a kid in a candy store and I've got dad's wallet :banana: @Guardian Comics

That doesn't seem like a bad trade. Here is what i have coming back soon! It sucks having grown up money.... can't stop spending on my childhood... 

Screenshot_14.png

Screenshot_15.png

Screenshot_16.png

Screenshot_17.png

3 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

These list  the ones I am shipping out tomorrow. Most of these are 1st edition. I am putting soo much faith in them for my first card orders. I also sent in about 80 comics. lol

Screenshot_18.png

Screenshot_20.png

On 9/19/2020 at 10:09 AM, Danyost said:

a couple cards in my first submission are showing ineligible type/research mode. while the other cards show the actual card name, set etc. can anyone tell me what that means?

Screenshot (4).png

I would definitely contact them. It might be that you submitted a card that is not currently in their database or their are some issues with the cards themselves. Either way, contacting CGC is the way to go. 

On 9/18/2020 at 11:15 AM, Iceman399 said:

A friend of mine on the boards sold me these guys.  I am now addicted to them.

118940890_1449544905435518_872616814759694220_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=JrWpKzjU2OQAX-wxZOI&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&tp=7&oh=15304ece5555ca338ca7a53f84e13e29&oe=5F88F0D5

A thing of beauty. I pulled out my old collection as a kid. Some first edition sets. Unfortunately none of them the original base line though...a guy can dream...

12 hours ago, EdisonS said:

My bulk order just got shipped back to me!

Awesome!!!! I hope I am not spending too much on cert for these cards.. I am a reseller sooo a bit worried I have too much money tied up. Thoughts on Pokémon right now?

7 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

Can't wait to see the pics :banana: 

I an going to upload mine when they arrive back. I received a 9.6 on moon knight #1 David Finch variant. Still a great book and worth a good amount in that shape.. but missed out on the 9.8

13 hours ago, J-KComics said:

Thoughts on Pokémon right now?

Good question. Was asking that myself recently since I've not tracked changes for a while. Looks to have grown considerably but not sure if theres any more big increases to come given the most recent games weren't a HUGE hit. But you never know!

Here are the grades that I got on my most recent order from CGC. I haven't sent cards to Beckett before, but I have to PSA before and I gotta say that attention to detail that CGC takes in grading their cards really makes me hopeful for the day that CGC becomes the norm in the trading card community.

I love how strict they are. I have gotten PSA10's from PSA that I know wouldn't have a chance at getting a Pristine 10 from CGC. I think all of the cards that I've sent to PSA, I am going to send to CGC and get them re-graded. Probably will do a pre-ship video with my PSA cards and then do another video comparing the grades between PSA and CGC when I get them back. 

I've only sent in two orders to CGC, but will most definitely be using them in all my future submissions. Have had a great experience so far!

Edited by sanders_tj

1 hour ago, sanders_tj said:

Here are the grades that I got on my most recent order from CGC. I haven't sent cards to Beckett before, but I have to PSA before and I gotta say that attention to detail that CGC takes in grading their cards really makes me hopeful for the day that CGC becomes the norm in the trading card community.

I love how strict they are. I have gotten PSA10's from PSA that I know wouldn't have a chance at getting a Pristine 10 from CGC. I think all of the cards that I've sent to PSA, I am going to send to CGC and get them re-graded. Probably will do a pre-ship video with my PSA cards and then do another video comparing the grades between PSA and CGC when I get them back. 

I've only sent in two orders to CGC, but will most definitely be using them in all my future submissions. Have had a great experience so far!

I just feel like CGC is so strict/not fair when it comes to giving a 10. What are your thoughts?