• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trading Card Grading Experience with CGC

46 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, EdisonS said:

For bulk, it took around one week max, but may be longer as I had them combine shipping. 

Thank you for the info. I sent them sooo many cards lol good idea or bad idea? I opened up 5 packs of 1st edition jungle and one of the grails was a 1st edition Jolteon.  

On 9/29/2020 at 12:14 PM, J-KComics said:

I just feel like CGC is so strict/not fair when it comes to giving a 10. What are your thoughts?

Not fair? I think CGC is the best in the market when it comes to grading their cards. i don't blame CGC for Beckett and PSA allowing cards that clearly aren't 10's to be graded as 10's. PSA 10's are DRASTICALLY overpriced online.

My hope is that the longer that CGC is on the market and their turnaround times continue to be much better than Beckett and PSA, that they will gain a bigger hold in the market and hopefully someday become the top dog in the trading card community. Might take several years, but that's what I am hoping for. You know that if you get a Pristine 10 or a perfect 10, that you have one of the BEST of that card on the market.

4 hours ago, sanders_tj said:

Not fair? I think CGC is the best in the market when it comes to grading their cards. i don't blame CGC for Beckett and PSA allowing cards that clearly aren't 10's to be graded as 10's. PSA 10's are DRASTICALLY overpriced online.

My hope is that the longer that CGC is on the market and their turnaround times continue to be much better than Beckett and PSA, that they will gain a bigger hold in the market and hopefully someday become the top dog in the trading card community. Might take several years, but that's what I am hoping for. You know that if you get a Pristine 10 or a perfect 10, that you have one of the BEST of that card on the market.

I hear where you are coming from. Ya I have to agree with you on that one. Their turn around times are pretty quick compared to the others. I looked at psa and they literally can take 5 months or longer. A bird in the hand