• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do Previous Signatures Affect Grade?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Hello, in planning which comics to send to a CGC private signing, I have some books that were previously signed for the Heroes Initiative. I understand that CGC cannot authenticate those signatures, but will having them on the cover reduce the grading since they're written on? To be clear the current signatures are for artists/writers other than who I'd be sending it in for the private signature event. Thanks so much.

The books will get the green/yellow, qualified/signature series, label which will mean those major defects (unwitnessed signatures are major defects) will not affect the grade, but it will have an effect in the value (in all but the most rare of cases). 

1 hour ago, xNerdyThingsx said:

Just my $.02, now that CBCS uses the Becket signature verification process (which is crazy good), I see little reason to use CGC for slabbing books with existing sigs. 

I'm not familiar with what your talking about. Could you expand on that idea?