• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's PEACEMAKER show (2022)
2 2

263 posts in this topic

I'm waaaaay behind on the Peacemaker train, but I just finished it and it was GREAT. The only thing better than finishing the first season was downloading all the 90's hair band songs from the show - which makes for a wicked awesome playlist.

On 10/20/2022 at 10:10 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I'm waaaaay behind on the Peacemaker train, but I just finished it and it was GREAT. The only thing better than finishing the first season was downloading all the 90's hair band songs from the show - which makes for a wicked awesome playlist.

My entire family jams to Monster (Reckless Love) every time it comes up in the playlist.  All our heads bob in unison.  I never knew glam rock was still a thing, and now it’s my go to playlist when I run.

For me, hands down best hero series / movie of 2022. My fear with the DC Gunn announcement is that Season 2 will be left to a lesser talent now that Gunn is focused on the greater universe.  So many superhero shows are just retreads lacking any real originality (which is near impossible to do at this point), so Peacemaker was a breath of fresh air for me.

On 12/21/2022 at 7:12 PM, CrocHntr said:

For me, hands down best hero series / movie of 2022. My fear with the DC Gunn announcement is that Season 2 will be left to a lesser talent now that Gunn is focused on the greater universe.  So many superhero shows are just retreads lacking any real originality (which is near impossible to do at this point), so Peacemaker was a breath of fresh air for me.

Yes. It really was exceptional. 

Before James Gunn and Peter Safran were tapped as the co-chairs and co-CEOs of DC Studios, Gunn was working with the studio as a director, writer, and producer on projects such as The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker. Peacemaker was previously renewed for a second season, but Gunn explained that it would probably be a while before the next season goes into production. Now, Gunn is writing and directing the Superman film reboot, Superman: Legacy, and just confirmed that the movie will be coming before the second season of Peacmaker. 

"What about the second season of Peacemaker? Is it still even happening?" @ThomasZygula asked Gunn on Twitter. "Yes after Superman," Gunn replied. While it's nice to know Peacemaker's second season is still in the works, many fans will likely be disappointed by the inevitably long wait considering Superman: Legacy is still in the early stages. 

On 2/16/2023 at 9:43 AM, kimik said:

As expected if Gunn is still leading it. He is going to be stretched thin in his new role. He really needs to develop a protege or two to keep some of these other/less important projects going.

You called it. It's going to be close to over 2 years before we get a sequel to Peacemaker season 1.  That's is dumb.

On 10/2/2023 at 12:50 PM, Bosco685 said:

At least there's some activity going on - that was a great show, such a shame they couldn't keep the momentum going. But, I'll be waiting for that second season regardless!

•  Peacemaker season 2 is confirmed to be part of the DC Universe's Chapter One, according to James Gunn.
  •  Many Peacemaker cast members are already confirmed for the DCU.
  •  James Gunn is currently writing Peacemaker season 2.